“Great Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I really liked the beef koobideh and the restaurant looked very nice.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank MrsBukhari

“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great value for lunch. I love the chicken skewers and lamb shank lunches. I bit too expensive for dinner. Great staff and sevice!

Visited July 2011
“Very good Greek/Persian Food in Del Mar, but in a strip mall”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been frequenting Alborz for over a decade (before they did two expansions and took over my fav tanning salon when I was a teen :-)

The pro's:
-Generous Portions (1 plate serves 3)
-Flavor is very good and they offer a large variety of choices
-Fair prices for the portions
-Fun atmostphere for a group when they do music and belly dancing

The con's:
-Would like smaller portion size options for a "lunch price"
-The wine is AWFUL, DISGUSTING, they should offer better wine choices or allow you to bring in your own
-It's in a strip mall
-Great place for take out

This is what we usually order for 4 of us:

Appetizers: Dolmathes and Tabouleh (have ordered the hummus, it is good, but I'm not paying $8.00 for Hummus that you can make or pick-up at TJ's for less than 1/2 the price)

Dinner: Gyro's Salad and one of their Chicken Kebob plates (always forget which one is my favorite and have to ask).

This is MORE THAN enough food for four people, we always have 1/2 leftover. I usually have to ask for some extra pita and and Tatzatziki sauce (to eat with the leftovers).

If ordering for lunch, love their Gyro sandwich, enough to share with a friend or save the other half for dinner or lunch the next day.

As for service, I can say I agree with some of the other people that have reviewed - sometimes good, sometimes not. However, their intention is to provide great service, it is just inconsistent.

I would dine-in more often if it weren't for the TERRIBLE wine, I really do hope they offer a better wine selection or allow us to bring in our own.

• Visited August 2011
“Persian and Greek”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have eaten there many times and the Trip Advisor "Greek cuisine" description is incorrect. They serve both Greek and Persian food. IMO the Greek food is okay but the Persian food is the real reason to go there and it is outstanding. (I am not of Persian heritage). I usually get the Walnut and Pomegranate Stew. Serving sizes are generous, prices are moderate and the staff is friendly. One of my favorite restaurants.

• Visited January 2011
San Diego, California
“Stopped in for lunch with a craving for...”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stopped in for lunch with a craving for Greek and wasn't dissappointed. Ordered lunch special veg. combination plate that was enough for two. Hummus and spanikopita were delicious. It all was....I'll be back to try the gyro!!