Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Les Artistes(Del Mar)
View Hotel
Wave Crest Resort(Del Mar)
View Hotel
L'Auberge Del Mar(Del Mar)
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewburritonice pool and hot tubon premisesquaint hotelbeautiful landscapingwithin walking distancethird floorwet barsan diegomini fridgerailroad trackslocation is greattwo blocksnice stayup to datecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I could live at the Del Mar Inn. Near but not on the Pacific Ocean, the front rooms view a beautiful garden and pool and the back rooms look out toward the ocean. A lovely continental breakfast is served near the pool, coffee always available. We loved being able to walk to downtown Del Mar either along the street or the trails above the beach. Only a few minutes from Del Mar Race Course. Everything was top rate for a very good price.

1  Thank landesign
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear landesign: Thank YOU for your kind comments on Tripadvisor. We’re proud of our incredible location in our own Sea Side Village of Del Mar.

Not directly on the water, BUT not too far to hear the crashing waves from your room, readily available for a short walk to our beautiful white sandy beaches.

OR, a stroll to our one of a kind Sea Side Village with all it has to offer.

We look forward to you visiting again.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were in Del Mar for our daughters wedding and had 8 rooms for several nights. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated, all had balconies with ocean or pool views, the beds were very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast buffet was wonderful!! The location was ideal and walking distance to shops and restaurants. What impressed us even more was the staff. We arrived very late at night and were warmly welcomed. The day shift personnel had all the answers and we couldn't ask for more from the crew at breakfast.

This was definitely one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. You should definitely stay at the Clarion Del Mar Inn if you are planning a trip to the Del Mar area in the future!

2  Thank Fredrick H
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Fredrick H: I recall your wedding party visiting our hotel during your special event. I sincerely hope we exceeded your expectations with our staff & accommodations!

Most importantly, that all attendees had a wonderful time visiting & enjoying each other during this incredible event of two people joining in matrimony.

Our best to all of you in the wedding party, we do “thank you” ever so much for your kind comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Didn't think it could get better...but it did! What a wonderful surprise to see completely redone/updated rooms complete with with a totally revamped bathroom with glass doors and tile showers, new sinks and new flooring! We love visiting this SoCal hotel at least once a year and have to say this was our best trip yet! The new decor is just stunning complete with new shutters that hide a new closet (which was a great touch!) and a wet bar area. Also loved the new TV!!! I was so excited so I took a few shots with my camera! :) As always the hotel was extremely clean and the service was outstanding and helpful. Next years visit can't come soon enough!!! Thank you Clarion in Del Mar! :)

1  Thank O0hlala
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear O0hlala: You’re so “INCREDIBLY” kind to offer such a wonderful Tripadvisor comment.

It seems “YOU REALLY ENJOYED” our newly renovated showrooms. We have a few, but as you experienced, they’re always reserved.

We’ll have the rest of the hotel completed later this year for all to experience. Especially the new bathrooms, “AWESOME” was the only word that came to mind when we completed our first. Many more to come! Thank you so very much for taking time to write such a wonderful review! We'll attempt to surprise you again next year...

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Just spent 4 nights at the del mar inn. Great staff (Mike was very helpful), comfortable clean rooms, quiet and first class bed and bedding. Convenient location to everything. Will definitely come back! Big thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: I preferred the 3rd floor
1  Thank Darlene F
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Darlene F: Truly a pleasure to read such praise from our guests re: our beautiful boutique hotel in America’s Finest City & our own Sea Side Village of Del Mar/La Jolla.

We truly pride ourselves on hospitality, simply treating our guests as “Our Guests” as if they’re visiting our homes & neighborhoods.

As a side note, my mother was from Arkansas, who probably thought me more about hospitality then all my years of formal training & education. Nothing like southern Hospitality!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Del Mar Inn for 6 nights the last week of July. It was great. The positive points are the price, the lowest of the 15 or so hotels I looked at in San Diego; friendly staff that were always helpful regarding restaurants recommendations and things to do in SD; the fantastic view of the ocean - we had an ocean side room on the third floor, which I recommend - not sure if the first or second floor would be so clear of a view. With this view, our hotel room itself became a destination; free breakfast with a wide choice of options - pastries, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, tea & smoothies, and Rose, the very friendly attendant; newly renovated and clean room, especially the bathroom; free parking; nice pool and hot tub; washer/dryer on site - they make change and sell detergent at the front desk; walkable to village and beach in Del Mar (about 10-15 minutes in a lovely, quiet neighborhood) and still within 25 minutes to zoo and downtown San Diego (assuming no traffic on I-5, which we never hit).

The negative points (why I didn't give the hotel a 5) are: the room was a bit small, so that our bed was directly next to the a/c vent. I couldn't move the vent, so it blew on me when it was on. If the vent could be re-directed, the smallness of the room wouldn't really matter; poor water pressure in the shower (fixable, I guess); slow internet service at the business center computer (fixable); and terrible coffee for breakfast. I'm not at all a coffee snob - drink Maxwell House/Folgers at home. This is fixable too. If it matters, there is also no onsite fitness center but guests have access to a gym nearby. I exercise daily but got around this by running to the beach and on the beach every morning. That beat a fitness center hands down.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Travelling_Dad45: A brief note to “Thank You” for your kind words. We’re proud of our beautiful beaches and Sea Side Village Location; it’s the best!

And yes, all west facing rooms can see the Ocean & our incredible Sunsets.

Comments such as yours, inform us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Looking forward to having you & your family return again & again.