Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
$199
$178
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$141
$136
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$173
$156
$317
$299
  • Pool
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$164
Orbitz.com
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
$132
  • Breakfast included
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewburritonice pool and hot tubon premisesquaint hotelbeautiful landscapingwithin walking distancethird floorwet barsan diegomini fridgerailroad trackslocation is greattwo blocksnice stayup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I arrived way early on a Friday and the very friendly, professional front desk staff were more than accommodating. Rather than shooing me away and telling me to come back at 4PM (normal check-in time) they quickly found me a room and got me checked in, just in time for an event I needed to primp and prepare for. The room was quite spacious and, yes, I could see and hear the ocean from the sliding patio doors. The king bed was very comfortable and I really appreciated the free wi-fi and free access to the hotel's business center. The lounge area was very quiet and welcoming and continental breakfast in the cabana was more than adequate. Only two complaints, and they are small and easily solvable: The next morning about 4AM I awoke to hear someone tromping about on the floor above me and toilets flushing. Also, the shower head in my room was a bit too water-miserly and it took a long time to rinse (which kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?) So, two minor improvements I would recommend to the hotel management: 1. Change the shower heads to "Oxygenic Storm" (I experienced these in another hotel and they are fabulous AND reputedly water-thrifty!). 2. Provide earplugs with the other bathroom-basket amenities (no shame in this - other hotels do it!)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Phaed0
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Dear Phead0: Thank you so very much for your kind and candid remarks. It’s always important to read comments similar to yours to know what we’re doing right, anything we might have missed, and how we can improve and do it better!

Always proud to read about our great staff – they’re always going above & beyond the call of duty for all our visitors & guests. I greatly appreciate the “A Grade” rating on our spacious rooms, new beds, and to see & hear the Ocean is one of our greatest attributes.

My sincerest apologies for the late night noise you experienced as we we’re visited by an orchestra performing locally for the University; “but visiting from France” – Major time differential. I’ll research room placement into the future… Also, I’ll be looking into shower heads; we currently offer moen 3 speed shower massage! If they don’t tow the mark, we’ll replace ASAP.

We hope to have you visit us here again in our Sea Side Village of Del Mar – La Jolla.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Last trip was in late '09 and I again found the place a terrific mix of location and location. Seriously, the one thing I don't miss about So Cal is the overcrowded beaches (in Oregon you can go all day without seeing anyone) and Del Mar keeps theirs hidden better than most.

The staff was good & the beds were as remembered. If you're like me and think Starbucks, Borders and the Hilton are for squares, this is the spot to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Disraeli97206
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Back again from Portland: A sincere “Thank You” for returning and visiting our great little hotel in our great location and again - our great location in the Sea Side Village of Del Mar – Torrey Pines/La Jolla.

Your unbiased comments inform other potential guests and hotel staff what we’re doing right, wrong, and how we can improve to better care of our guests.

Hoping you return and visit into the near future and enjoy our great Sea Side Village location!

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I am an East San Diego resident that once in a while likes to indulge in the "by the water" feeling. I found that staying in the Del Mar Inn, I am at walking distance from the beach as well as a variety of restaurants. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the "English garden" is an added little treasure and the rates are VERY affordable!!!
Can't wait for my next escapade!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 333beachlover
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Dear 333beachlover: Thank you for your kind comments. We greatly appreciate when visitors share their experiences regarding our hotel, amenities and location.

Hope you had the opportunity to walk through our Sea Side Village and enjoy all the wonders we have to offer; one of a kind shops, galleries, dining and ofcourse - our beautiful white sandy beaches.

Vacations or StayCatinos are so important to take a break and recharge or revitalize those ever so important batteries of ours.

We hope all of us here at The Clarion Del Mar Inn assisted you in your recharge.

Looking forward to you visiting again very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Awesome location. Great place for surfers-walk to sandy and reef breaks. In Del Mar for business and chose to take a break for surfing. Staff knew exactly where to send me for my level and my family's levels which is varied. Rose the breakfast lady- one of the nicest people on the planet! Walk to everything. Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Lahrenstar
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Dear Lahrenstar: Thank you for visiting The Clarion Del Mar Inn and your comments regarding our wonderful hotel and location. Hope the water wasn't too cold, it's been a bit cooler than recent years; nothing a good wetsuit won't remedy!

I also surf; been surfing California & Baja Coastline for nearly 40 years; Del Mar & outlying areas have some great locations for beginner, intermediate and experts alike.

When you return, please contact me personally and I'll be happy to suggest & direct you to various locations for you and your family to enjoy. At the very least, there's great surf just down the street from the hotel. See you in the green room!

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I had a very delightful stay here. The staff was helpful and welcoming. There is a good sized pool and the hot tub was quite large and clean, which I enjoyed. The bed was extreamly comfortable and clean as well as the rest of the room. The pastrys in the morning made a tasty light breakfast. The view was breath taking. This is a great place, to stay for business or leisure, with a relaxing environment.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Drenea
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear Drenea: Thank you so very much for taking time out to write your comments for The Clarion Del Mar Inn in the Sea Side Village of Del Mar. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit and all that the hotel had to offer. We look forward to you visiting again and again.