The website for this hotel looked fabulous. Unfortunately the maintanance and cleanliness leave much to be desired! The Oceanview Deluxe two Double Bed Room, while laid out nicely, was dusty, sticky and dingy. The kitchenette is terribly equipped with paperplates, a pan and a pot, but no dishtowel, detergent, or silverware (there were a few bags of plasticware).
The pool area was dirty as well. The cushions are dirt stained and the supplied towels too small to cover the dirty cushions (i had to use three of the handtowels size towels to cover the cushion length-wise, but could not cover the width...).
The on-premise restaurant was dissappointing as well. The first evening (a Friday), we ordered a spinach salad and fish tacos, and were told that the kitchen was out of greens (no salads at all), and out of tacos. Instead we ordered the crabcakes to our room (as we did not want to wait in the noisy and dirty dining area (the table was sticky and unclean). When the crabcakes arrived, there were two patties on a plain plate (eventhough the menu said it was served on a bed of greens), no lemon, or anything else. We were somewhat disappointed (for $16 one would expect more!). the waiter was nice enough not to charge us for the order.
The next evening we thought we could give the restaurant another try - we
were able to get a Caesar Salad and Fish Tacos, but our plates were dirty (the very friendly but slow waitress promptly brought a less dirty plate that we wiped with our napkins). Back in the room we wanted desert and they were again out of every desert item on the menu, but they had a chocolate cake The silver ware wrapped in the napkins was dirty (we had to wash it before using it), and we observed the bartender sloppily rinsing out a glass and reusing it.
If cleanliness is important to you, don't stay here! For $240 per night this was a deep disappointment!
The website also makes the hotel look much closer to the beach - the oceanview is only if you gaze way over several rows of houses. Maybe I just did not look close enough....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending natural beauty with relaxed elegance, Del Mar is an idyllic coastal community, and Hotel Indigo reflects the culture and atmosphere of its relaxed refinement. Indulge in beautifully designed rooms and suites with ocean-themed art, spa-inspired bathrooms, and balconies with beach breezes and views over the Pacific Ocean. Embrace the coastal casual feel, contemporary style and eclectic boutique ambiance of our seaside hotel in Del Mar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stratford Inn Of Del Mar Hotel Del Mar
- Best Western Stratford Hotel
- Best Western Del Mar
- Del Mar Best Western