Having lived in San Diego for almost 10 years before moving East, I knew Del Mar would be the right spot for a nostalgic long weekend return. The Indigo is a few block's walk from the boutiques and fine dining at the village of Del Mar, and just across the street from the cliff-side train tracks above the beach. With a rented surfboard, I was able to pick my way down the (dangerously steep and slippery) cliff trail to a semi-secret surf spot. For a safer walk, you could try the excellent beaches at Powerhouse Park or North Torrey Pines, both less than a mile away. The horse-race track/ fairgrounds are just two miles north. From Del Mar, you are just a few freeway exits from the beaches of Encinitas or La Jolla.
At the same time, this hotel has a vibe so comfortable you may not want to leave. Our upgraded suite had a cooktop and mini-kitchen. Bright but tasteful custom decorations are everywhere. The pool and hot tub are well-situated for sunbathing, and there are chairs and side tables scattered around for hanging out. A local musician holds concerts at the bar a few nights a week. The room service food was prompt and tasty.
The only drawback to the casual hangout feel was the group of young men chatting loudly around the pool at 2AM. Not being a night owl myself, I had to ask them to quiet down-- but they got quiet right away and I didn't have to call the front desk.
As a bonus, I was able to use my Holiday Inn Express Priority Club Rewards points to book the room. The Hotel Indigo is my new first choice for a North San Diego County stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending natural beauty with relaxed elegance, Del Mar is an idyllic coastal community, and Hotel Indigo reflects the culture and atmosphere of its relaxed refinement. Indulge in beautifully designed rooms and suites with ocean-themed art, spa-inspired bathrooms, and balconies with beach breezes and views over the Pacific Ocean. Embrace the coastal casual feel, contemporary style and eclectic boutique ambiance of our seaside hotel in Del Mar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stratford Inn Of Del Mar Hotel Del Mar
- Best Western Stratford Hotel
- Best Western Del Mar
- Del Mar Best Western