Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$234
$227
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$178
$299
$284
Secret Garden Inn(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Restaurant
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$209
$185
$637
$459
  • Pool
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$212
$175
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
San Diego Marriott Del Mar(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$240
$152
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

All reviewsocean viewmain buildinghardwood floorsthe cliffcoffee makerceiling fantorrey pinesmini kitchenrestaurant barlarge roomminute drivebusiness centerwalking distance to the beachtwo blocksgreat roomwatch the sunsetrestaurants and shops
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here about 3 months ago and apart from the Spa, generally enjoyed our time. The reason for our stay was sunbathing and to use the spa for a massage.
The rooms were ok, as I didn't expect to much luxury as I'd read previous reviews in Trip advisor. The bathroom was the main issue with the room, it was tiny. We did managed to get a good nights sleep in our room(407) and it was clean. It was overlooking one of the pools away from the main building.
Service at the Hotel was fine, though I would recommend some drink service at the pool, or at the very least, a water cooler. Its pretty poor that you're expected to climb the stairs up to the bar to order a drink when your using the main pool area.
There is a nice firepit deck that will be good in the summer time for a drink at night.
We used the Spa and were not impressed. We had a couples massage and had to put up with loud guests outside our massage room and a waste pipe that ran above it. You could hear it every few minutes as someone flushed their toilet. We let the girl at the Spa front desk know we weren't impressed and she thanked us for the feedback. No offer of a discount or voucher to make up for the experience?
We had breakfast and lunch in their restaurant which were both very good. I would stay again but would stay clear of the Spa. I emailed the hotel to forward some constructive feedback to Spanama, but never got a reply.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing the nice vacation you had at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed our room, restaurant, pool and the walking distance location to shops, restaurants and beach. I apologize for noise concern during your couple’s massage. We are fully aware of this challenge and efforts to remedy this situation are in the works. We are close to finding a solution to this challenge and hopefully by your next visit we will have this situation resolved. Please reach out to my Spa Director Laurel at 858 356 0307, she will make sure you are well taken care of. Your feedback is well received. We look forward to serving you and your wife in the very near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 4 days there with a group of 25 for a family vacation. Great location, beautiful rooms and grounds. Food selection a bit poor and served at different times. Walking distance to some good eats and drinks. Beach is just a drive away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing the fantastic vacation you had at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are glad to hear you and your party enjoyed our beautiful spacious rooms and the walking distance location to shops, restaurants and beach. Sounds like you and your party did not get to experience the full extent of our menu offering due to the multiple buy-out events we were hosting in our restaurant during your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience but am glad to know you and your party was able to enjoy the array of restaurants located in Del Mar Village. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Please come visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friends and I traveled 32 hours from Wisconsin to stay at the hotel Indigo in Del Mar for a beach vacation. The hotel over exceeded our expectations in every manner. Arnon at the front desk was very helpful and thorough in answering all and any of the million questions we had. The room was gorgeous and well kept up. The pools and hot tub were perfect. Jason served us breakfast a couple days and he was amazing; certainly one of the best parts of the stay. He was very friendly, professional, kind, helpful, and always had a smile on his face. Keep him around...give him a raise!! Overall we were all extremely impresses and will definitely be back! Thank you for a great experience.
--Jamee Lynn & the Wisconsin girls.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for sharing the fantastic vacation you had at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are so happy to hear you and your party thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations, location and service. I can’t agree with you more on how awesome both Arnon and Jason are. They are a joy to work with and more importantly, they are truly passionate about servicing our guests. Please come back and visit us soon. Your Hotel Indigo Del Mar experience awaits you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having stayed at Indigo properties in New York City and in Sarasota we had been attracted to the brand and so when we planned a stay in the San Diego area we chose the Indigo, expecting the same "magical" experience we got at the other properties. The hotel in Del Mar is really a step down and is priced at a level where one would expect more. We had booked an Executive King. Echoing comments in the previous review, there were inadequate electrical outlets. The shower was a bit odd of a shape......narrow......probably due to a quite small bath room.......too much wasted space in the living area and not enough space in the rather cramped bathroom.....the bathroom was poorly designed as to storage, shower, toilet spacing. One oddity was that the king bed had a bed stand and lamp on one side of the bed but nothing on the other. The carpeting was a little past its prime. One had the feeling that this hotel had been built to be something else and then was later converted to an Indigo,
although I don't know the facts of that matter. I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but my wife did so on a couple of occasions and said the kitchen was spartan......only one person attending and he was overworked......causing slow service. The staff was friendly enough but not particularly enthusiastic. There was no single terrible quality to this property but the "whole" picture was a mediocre property posing as and priced as something "special".
I believe they're asking too much in the way of pricing for an average motel. We certainly would not re visit the property under the conditions offered.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Roy P
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. I am sorry to hear that our room deco and set up did not meet your expectation. Our hotel is a conversion from a previous 20 year old Best Western to Hotel Indigo one year ago. The in-room designs do reflect some of the previous layout and that is the main reason for the smaller bathrooms in some rooms while they are very spacious in another room. We would love to expand and redesign some of the room layouts but structurally some floor plans cannot be changed. I guess that is what adds character and uniqueness to our building. I appreciate the feedback on our need to deliver a more memorable Hotel Indigo Del Mar experience. We will definitely take the feedback to heart and continue improving our service and quality. I truly appreciate your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance in the near future so we can show you that we are as good as any other Hotel Indigo in the Country.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Based on the location and the description, we thought this would be more of a resort hotel. We were wrong. Upon arrival, the staff was really nice and we liked the lobby. The good impression stopped there. As we entering our room. we noticed that in addition to being very dark (we were assigned to the lower level), there were no slippers, no bathrobe, no makeup mirror, and not enough outlets at the vanity (two outlets and one was occupied by the coffee maker.) The wall was paper thin; you can literally hear every conversation, footstep and knock from the next door. There was no safe for the valuables, and although there was a microwave, there was no fridge. The bathroom was so tiny that every time I turned around, I hit my elbow in the shower. Overall we appreciated the friendly staff, yet we were disappointed with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. I am sorry to hear that our room deco and amenity offering did not meet your expectation. We do have 8 different room types with many spacious suites and larger bathrooms that offer private ocean view balconies. These rooms might be more suited to what you are seeking for on your stay. I apologize if we ever misled the amenities we offer but I am glad to hear we delivered the friendly service you expected. Hopefully you will give us another chance to show you the true Del Mar experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar. We appreciate your feedback.