The good: Stylish newer decor since last year's multimillion dollar makeover, spacious rooms, nice enough staff, great value for the money. Also, how cool is it that it was originally was built in 1910? Del Mar is such a little treasure of a beach town with its boutiques and restaurants within walking distance. Don't miss Fair Trade Decor and Il Fornaio's outdoor bar. The town is classy and quaintly concentrated with everything basically on one main street- Camino Del Mar.
The bad: Our "Ocean View" King room (431) had a very limited ocean view from the balcony only. There was a sliver of ocean above some trees with buildings blocking the rest. The door out to the balcony was almost impossible to open because the wood swelled at the bottom. I could not open it at all- my husband could only after much yanking. Breakfast at the restaurant was not only a disappointment, it was (and I rarely say this) disgusting. There was an option to order the hash dish beer-battered and fried for St Patty's Day, but we did not. Then after a long hungry wait, we blindly dug in. Bad idea- it was the fried stuff. You know when you're so hungry that you know it's bad but you do your best to pick around it? And sometimes batter fried is naughty but tastes good? Not this time. I could hardly eat any and ended up going back to the room. My husband said that when he finally got our nice but AWOL waiter over and told him we didn't usually eat batter fried anything the waiter responded that sometimes it's good to indulge yourself. Really? I was shocked that my hub paid for it- if I hadn't gone back to the room I wouldn't have. Ok, it WAS St. Patrick's Day and I'm sure that breakfast there is usually better. The Irish Luck was not with us this time.
Overall though, I would recommend the Indigo and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending natural beauty with relaxed elegance, Del Mar is an idyllic coastal community, and Hotel Indigo reflects the culture and atmosphere of its relaxed refinement. Indulge in beautifully designed rooms and suites with ocean-themed art, spa-inspired bathrooms, and balconies with beach breezes and views over the Pacific Ocean. Embrace the coastal casual feel, contemporary style and eclectic boutique ambiance of our seaside hotel in Del Mar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stratford Inn Of Del Mar Hotel Del Mar
- Best Western Stratford Hotel
- Best Western Del Mar
- Del Mar Best Western