Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$145
$130
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$189
$153
$154
$149
Orbitz.com
L'Auberge Del Mar(Del Mar)
$371
$299
  • Pool
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$145
$139
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
Travelocity
$122
$115
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewmain buildinghardwood floorsthe cliffcoffee makerceiling fanmini kitchentorrey pineslarge roomminute drivebusiness centertwo blockswalking distance to the beachgreat roomwatch the sunsetrestaurants and shopspools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed 3 nights. The room was very small, but very cute and super clean. Good water pressure in the shower. Disappointing was that they have canceled their complimentary breakfast. We did not know. We would have brought breakfast food for our room had we known. We bought breakfast in the restaurant and it was not good. Pancakes were grainy with a weird vanilla flavoring. Potato pancakes tasted like day old hashbrowns clumped together and fried. HOWEVER,,,,,and this makes up for everything,,,,,,,,,,,Sunday night 10 of us had cocktails and appetizers above the pool overlooking the ocean sunset. Our server, Pat, was the best. He was attentive, professional, charming and a real asset to the hotel. Best of all, about 4 hours after checking out of the hotel I realized that I had left a diamond stud earring on the night stand! Sure it was forever lost, I called the hotel. They immediately searched and found my diamond!

Room Tip: If size matters - get a room with the kitchenette.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KathyC440
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms are modern, clean, well appointed and roomy. Through out the complex everything was new. The pools yes there are two and jacuzzi were well maintained. The only drawbacks for us were the pillows very uncomfortable and the toilet would sometimes reset in the middle of the night. Besides that we definitely will make a return trip.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this newly named hotel. We normally stay at the Hilton by the Racetrack, but we wanted something new and was tired of paying parking fees!

Upon arrival, Anton (?) greeted us in a beautiful lobby. The bar and restaurant area are just great looking and pay homage to the horse racing history. Check in was easy and he gave us some info and when breakfast was, etc. We parked in the garage, which was easy and found our room easy as well.

The facility is old school, with the same style of older lodges I have stayed at before. What I like is that the rooms were not really next to each other and each had a great outdoor area outside the doors. Out my window, we could see the ocean. The interior was simple with great mural of sea shells on one wall. Room was clean with a fridge and a microwave!

The bathroom was new and nice as well. The products they had were Aveda... Yes, Aveda! I was happy to use the shampoo and not smell like a bar of cheap soap!

I can see how some rooms are better than others where their locations are and how the layout of the property is. It is a quiet place, except for times around the pools, you can hear the kids having a good time, but for the most part, it was peaceful.

The lobby bar had just got their liquor license, so they were still figuring out stuff. But the open air patio in comfy lounges was awesome! They close down the bar operation by 10pm because there is rooms around the area. But they have 2 fire pits and alot of patio to enjoy. The bartender was knowledgeable of sites and locations. I know he would have liked if we drank more at his bar, but the selection and service is just not there yet, I give it a month more and it will be a great place to hang out! Where is the music?! pretty quiet at night... good if you are staying near.

FREE WIFI! and it is pretty fast. Very Pet friendly! Need a taxi to the track - call up to the front office and that cab will be waiting for you!

And only a 5-10 minute walk to all the other bars and restaurants. Nice walk to starbucks/brueggers and back.

For what we paid and the service, we will stay here again! So long Hilton!

Room Tip: Upon check in, ask for a room above the garage on the west side. You will be able to see the ocean from your room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shon Q
fourknapps, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thanks so much for giving us a try and saying such nice things! I'm so happy that Anton was able you accommodate your needs. I'm with you about the comfy couches and fire pits out on the oceanview terrace. I hope that you were able to see a beautiful sunset while out there. Please join us again sometime soon. We're lining up some entertainment and great bar menu and drink offerings in the bar!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Attaching a name like Hotel Indigo to something, slapping in some marble and staging the rooms and outdoor areas to look modern and up to date, can't really hide the fact that this used to be some type of motor lodge/ motel.

Our room felt like a box in the middle of the street. There was a parking lot a few steps above us, wooden ramps directly above our room leading to other rooms that when people rolled their luggage, it sounded like a freight train coming through the walls. On top of that, the stone walkways, although nice, were also too loud when rolling luggage across. Not a problem unless people rolled luggage late at night or early in the AM, which they did. Also, some of the doors seemed to be on auto close because when they closed, the whole room shook.

Hotel full, bar empty. Why? Because it isn't a bar at all. Asked for a martini, simplest drink in the world, no vermouth (no problem), but no olives? The young lady pitched her own strawberry with muddled mint drink to my wife and she agreed that it sounded great, but then she returned to say she was out of strawberries.

The parking lot can only be described as billy goat mountain and extremely dangerous for pedestrians due to cars barreling down steep turns and curves.

Received a newspaper at the door on our 2nd to last day, didn't even know it was a service.

Maid left us a bottle of cleaning solution on the toilet one day and no towels or toilet paper. We didn't interrupt her either, she was on the other side of the property when I found her cart.

You can see the ocean from the parking lot and back deck, but you can't get there from here. There is no beach access or even a path to a path, unless you trek to town and use that beach, which we did.

All in all, not what we'd expect from Hotel Indigo, having stayed at others in the past.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Joseph B

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience with us. I accept full responsibility and will make sure that my staff will get the training they need to make our guests experiences great ones. Please give me a call and the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We staid at the indigo for a period of 2 nights and had a wonderful time.
The staff proved to be very helpful and extremely nice. We had issue with the first night and everything was resolved in a very professional and nice manner. The second night was a delight.
The place has a homy feeling and is exactly what you would expect of a beach hotel.
It is not by the beach but a 5min walk takes you to the beach below.
The town of del mar is 10-15 min away by foot or just 2 min by car.
We did not have the chance of a nice weather but enjoyed our stay very much thanks to a nice ambiance and a great staff.
If you pass by I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MaximeSuisse
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

What a nice review! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing the kind words about our staff. I'll be sure to pass them along and thank them for taking care of you. I'm so sorry the weather wasn't very nice for you. You should come back in October when the sun is always shining and the sunsets are glorious!