L'Auberge Del Mar
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$217
$195
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$253
$227
Hilton.com
$299
$284
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$223
$178
BestWestern.com
Secret Garden Inn(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Restaurant
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
$195
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
$228
$212
  • Breakfast included
San Diego Marriott Del Mar(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$259
$186
  • Restaurant
1,101 results
All reviewsresort feemini cupcakesbeautiful hotelview of the oceanbusiness meetingshort walk to the beachvalet stafflobby barlong weekendsan diegooutdoor patioshops and restaurantstrain tracksfire pitrace trackspawedding
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at L'Auberge for three nights the week of June 17th for a family wedding and extended mini vacation. The location is outstanding. The minute you walk in the front door you are facing the fabulous ocean view. The hotel is meticulously maintained, even by my critical standards, and everything seems fresh and new. I even saw one of the ever present staff dusting the door of one of the many public restrooms in the hotel!

Speaking of the staff, each and every one was polite and friendly and we were always greeted with a smile. Check in was smooth and our bags were brought to our room in a timely manner.

Yes, it is expensive, but worth a special treat. We had a standard room, but since we were out and about most of the day, we didn't care. If you were going to just stay and relax at the hotel, I would spring for a vew room. The beach is just behind the hotel down some steps and there are quite a few restaurants, cafes and bars within walking distance. We had brunch, dinner and, of course, the wedding dinner at the hotel and all were excellent. Kitchen1540 was very good, although the kitchen was a bit slow. We didn't mind because we enjoy leisurely meals, but we did hear some people complaining.

The pool area is a bit small, and we heard the nearby condos have hotel privileges, so if you want a lounge chair, better get there early before they are all taken. There were a couple of cabanas available by reservation. The pool staff have menus for food and drink so you can stay all day and enjoy the pool. There were quite a few kids in the pool the day we were there, but not many adults.

We would definitely stay in this lovely hotel again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was part of a wedding that had taken place here and this place has $$$ all over it! You can't pull up to the valet service in a Nissan Maxima or something...you have to do what the other guest were doing and you have to roll up in your Ferrari Enzo. This place had that typical "high end Cali vibe" to it. Very nice though from the areas I checked out.

My brothers got a room here so I had a chance to check it out. I'm basing my review off what I seen so I can't judge the full comfort of the room that you would get from an overnight guest but the room was nice. Resort style room with a nice looking bathroom and the bed was soft from the 2 minutes I had sitting on it.

The property though was nice. The people kicking back poolside eating and the bar in the lobby that had a super nice bartender was great. The lobby alone is an area that I wouldn't mind just sitting in. It's an open air lobby so it's basically wall less and you see directly outside over looking the pool and the ocean down below.

The wedding here was nice! It was outside right on the hotel balcony and we had a great time. The food was great and it was overall just a great experience. Plus it was cool because one of the players from the San Diego Chargers got married on the next level above my brothers so afterwards everyone was pretty much all together at the bar. So that was pretty cool being able to chill with some football players like it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Overall, great location, great place, and I'd go back for my own stay some day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the villas L'Auberge Del Mar for two nights in a one bedroom villa.

All units have great ocean views and are secluded from the Hotel proper and the on its Condominiums. The grounds are well tended. Located 1/2 Block away from the beach and a beautiful park to west and at the center of Del Mar's Village full of taverns restaurants, galleries and boutiques. the resort is centrally located.

Ideal for a romantic getaway or just to wind down. I would not recommended it for kids unless for summer vacation.

The villa units are impeccable and well laid out. Thought the bedroom is on small side, it is cozy. The unit has kitchen with stove and dishwasher. It also has a fireplace and large balcony.

I would recommended it highly and will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

It is one of the most beautifull hotels i have ever visisted. This californian coastal resort with panoramatic and wonderfull oceanview is top among the hotels of this category in this part of world. Food excelent, proffessional staff, rooms in old style (100 years ola, bu renovated, modern and stylish) I only may recommend. Great

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rudo h
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My travel companion and I stayed at the L'Auberge for three weeks during April 2012. We were traveling on business and enjoyed a completely pleasurable stay. The hotel is beautifully appointed, the rooms are lovely with tasteful decor and ocean views, and the food is beautifully presented and delicious. The staff is professional and courteous. Room Service was a staple for us during our stay and we greatly appreciated the staff who served us -- especially Jorge and Greg. Both gentlemen took extra special care to ensure that we had the best meal possible. The noise from the train was not an issue and neither was any other complaint aired in some of the reviews written by other guests. Although nothing is perfect for any number of reasons, the staff at the L'Auberge makes every effort to ensure the best possible experience for all of its guests. Having stayed for the period of time that we did, we had a chance to see and experience most everything related to the hotel and we had no serious issues. In fact, we're coming back for another three week stay during June and we're looking forward to another rewarding experience.

Thank you, L'Auberge!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side have good ocean views and get the just the right amount of sun. 2nd and 3rd floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business