“Amazing service!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th & Camino Del Mar
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We like to try out different restaurants during San Diego Restaurant Week, but we've found that many places get overwhelmed by the crowds and service suffers. That was not the case here! We were treated well by everyone working in the area. They made sure we always had what we needed. And the food was great too. The pumpkin and kale salad was unbelievable and the braised beef cheek was like butter with a wonderful sauce. We will visit again.

There are newer reviews for Prepkitchen

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Was only in del mar for a week, came here three times. The outside seating was awesome, good choice of background music, down to earth/friendly staff and DELICIOUS food. Was never let down by the sides -- delicious whipped mashed potatoes, and a great charcuterie selection. I miss this place!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I just had lunch here with a friend and it is a good spot to hit to pick up some good food. I've passed it a few times but it's always busy with a wait so I opted to hit other restaurants in the area.
It gets busy on the weekends with lines out to the sidewalk.

The restaurant looks bigger from the outside but actually there are not too many tables here. Especially inside it's very small with only a few tables. There are some more tables outside as well but it was cold and rainy on Friday when we had lunch so we opted to wait a few minutes to sit inside.

It's clear there are many regulars here as we saw the waitress chatting with several that she knew. The service is very good and friendly and attentive. The food was good as well. The menu is actually quite small. There isn't too much to pick from. A soup of the day, some salads and a few sandwiches and a pasta dish and a taco dish but that was it.

I ended up getting the pork street tacos and they were very tasty with pineapples in it which was a nice touch as the sweetness of the pineapple was good with the salty pork. It was good. My friend got the tuna fish sandwich on the recommendation of the waitress and he said it was good as well.

I just love this area and am typically in Del Mar a few times a week as I only live 10 minutes away. I'll add this place into my "rotation".

1  Thank saintba
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We went here last weekend for brunch, and it was great food, great service and nice atmosphere, If you have time to come here, don't hesitate, it's really a great place. Love the organic side of this restaurant!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This cosy restaurant was a delightful find for lunch while a colleague and I were on training at La Jolla. Mary's chicken turned out to be an organic roasted half chicken served with yummy spinach and fingerling potatoes. The spin on a BLT. Is the BAT - arugula instead of lettuce - a tasty change. Highly recommended!