“Great Food, Service With a Smile, Romantic Atmosphere”

Trattoria Ponte Vecchio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 98 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This was our second time to eat at Trattoria Ponte Vecchio on our yearly trip to San Diego. We loved the place last year and so came back again this year. Our waitress was very friendly and always had a smile on her face. The food was so good. I had pumpkin ravioli in a butter sage sauce. I ordered because it was something different. It was delicious and light. My husband had the Gnocchi and he raved about it. He is a big guy with a big appetitie and felt the serviing size could have been bigger. We will definitely go back again on our trip next year.

1  Thank petsitter

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have been to this place 2 times in the last 2 months both times it missed the mark both times. The 1st time the food was decent and the service was awful. I figured I would give it one more chance. Big Mistake. The second time food was bad and service was worse.

The problem is the owner ruins the dining experience. He is sarcastic and condenscending. After placing our order with the waiter we had to wait an hour for our food. My dinner finally came and then we had to wait another 10 minutes for the rest of our party. After waiting an hour we got our food and it was cold. We asked him nicely to heat up the food and he insulted me and then did the same thing at to somone at the table next to us. I was litterally in shock.

Bottom line is there are are much better Italian places in downtown Del Mar. Do yourself a favor and don' get ripped off like we did.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

We have been here before and will try to return. We started with the butternut squash soup. It was delicious as well as the bread which accompanied it. Our entrees were so good and the service was great. You can park in the lot behind the restaurant or on the busy street in front.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

We were looking for a new place to experience with a friend and are very happy that other TripAdvisor members had recommend Ponte Vecchio. It's a smallish restaurant with about 10 tables inside, and several more outside, but the color scheme and size make for a friendly, intimate experience.

The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing, and the food was very good. I had the PENNETTE AL SALMONE which is salmon mixed with penne pasta and a pink vodka sauce. My girlfriend, who is a vegetarian, had the MELANAZANE ALLA PARMIGIANA, which is a traditional eggplant parmigiana. She really liked it. Our friend had the LINGUINI ALLA TOSCANA dish which is linguini pasta with chicken breast and artichoke in a pink vodka or white cream sauce.

And you HAVE to save room for the ZABAGLIONE dessert. It's fresh mixed berries topped with Zabaglione sauce. None of us had ever heard of that sauce before, or seen it at another restaurant, so we decided to be daring and WOW, it was very yummy. Lighter than we expected and the fruit (strawberries in this case) went very well with it. There was also some ice cream in the center, so this dessert really topped off the meal.

Only criticism is the signage and parking. We all drove past it a couple of times because the sign is on the side of the building, not the front facing Carmel Valley. And parking was a bit of a challenge. But overall it was worth the effort to find it. Would definitely go back and also recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I had a hard time finding this little place but it was well worth it. The food was wonderful and we ate outside on the patio by candlelight. I had no complaints but my husband thought he could have used a bigger helping. We had just finished golfing and he was hungry. I, on the other hand, couldn't finish my dinner so he had my leftovers and everyone was happy. We will definitely have dinner here on our yearly trips to CA.