“A good local Italian”

Trattoria Ponte Vecchio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 91 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A good local Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We had an enjoyable meal here on a Tuesday night. There were a few tables of other guests and we were glad we'd reserved so I'd recommend calling ahead. I had pumpkin stuffed ravioli on recommendation from here which was very pleasant. We found it expensive for a local Italian but the food and service justified it.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee, USA
“Very Good Food But Poor First Impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This restuarant is easy to get to but hard to find. Did not see any sign indicating the name in front. We parked in the rear and saw a sign for the "rear entrance" - however, you walked past the trash and through the kitchen. It was a very poor first impression and would recommend walking around the front. Thankfully the experience went up from there. The menu was pretty extensive. The waiter had a very thick accent and was hard to understand what the daily specials were. I would recommend having them written down so that guests can understand them. I had the lasagna which was very good - not to heavy, but very good flavor. My colleague had the chicken saltimbocca and said it was also very good. The salads were good and large.

Visited April 2014
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Great all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great food and service. Try the calamari for sure, and the cheesecake is wonderful. Nice location to boot.

• Visited February 2014
Paso Robles Wine Region, California
“Small and cozy...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

When we arrived for an early New Year's Eve dinner there was a minor mix up with reservations, but they quickly resolved the issue and we were seated at a very nice table. I truly appreciated that kind of good customer service. This is a true Italian restaurant...old country dishes and they know how to make risotto the right way (it truly does take a while...ever heard of saffron!!) From the wine to dessert, and everything in between, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the service. It may be small and cozy but the quality is huge!

• Visited December 2013
Sun Diego
“Nice Ambience, Good Food & Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all.

I took one of my employees to dinner, with no problem securing a reservation. We were given a very nice table (choice in our outside), had prompt service - attentive but not obsequious.

The salads are wonderful, with just about any choice of Italian that one could imagine. I had a mixed salad with crab/balsamic vinegret and my guest pear/gorgonzola. Both a hit. Dinner entrees? Pasta with shrimp (too much to eat it all) and a special chicken breast lined with some prosciuto and complemented with cheese. Yumm (and also more than I could eat). We took delightful cannolies (?sp?) home - an order is 3 small ones, complemented with fresh raspberries.

The price for two, with a glass of wine, was as predicted by TA-very reasonable.

I'm coming back! (Oh, and there is free parking in the rear of the building.)
ATBster