“Annual Visit to Trattoria Ponte Vecchio”

Trattoria Ponte Vecchio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Omaha, Nebraska
“Annual Visit to Trattoria Ponte Vecchio”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We come to San Diego the same week in September almost every year and we always have dinner at Trattoria Ponte Vecchio. We discovered it some years ago on Restaurant.com. Alas, they no longer have to get customers that way so no discount. The atmosphere and service are always good. I always order exactly the same thing. I start with the gorgonzola/pear salad. But my favorite thing is the pumpkin ravioli with butter sage sauce. I have never seen this anywhere else and not sure whether it is a seasonal dish but it is wonderful. Very flavorful and light.

• Visited September 2013

la
“getaway from torrey pines lodge”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A quick 3.5 mile drive from the lodge that did not involve driving into Del Mar or La Jolla brings you to a quaint restaurant that serves very solid food..

• Visited August 2013
Las Vegas
“Charming, Delicious Food - BEST HOMEMADE FOCACCIA!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a small restaurant with limited outdoor seating on the patio. We sat on the patio, and they had heaters which really made the experience. I will start off by saying that the home made Focaccia is the best I have ever had. We had two baskets and had to ask what type of bread it was. We were surprised when the waitress told us it was focaccia, but the recipe was to die for.

My wife and I both had pasta, mine was seafood diablo. The seafood was fresh and the sauce was delicious. We had a baby with us and didn't stay as long as we would have liked. But the staff was very accommodating to us and we have no complaints. The atmosphere was quaint and comfortable, especially out on the patio. There is a view of what I think is the marsh, which was very peaceful. I wish we would have stayed longer and enjoyed it. Definitely a good place to check out!

If you found this review helpful, please mark it as such! Thanks!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vegasvec
LA/Paso
“Charming restaurant, delicious food -- great experience!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant was described to us by someone we know locally as their neighborhood Italian restaurant. It is not fancy, but very charming, The owner waits the tables, about 10 tables inside and six or eight on the patio that overlooks what my husband described as "a delicate wetlands." In Ohio, I'd call it a swamp, but he insists it is tidal, and that I am wrong, that at other times of day, the restaurant could be Oceanside -- and think of the flora and fauna. Anyway, there was a lively debate about the tidal wetlands over a buttery Chardonnay.

All those details aside, it was the best food we've had in a long time. AMAZING! I'd kill for a neighborhood restaurant like that. Every course was better than the prior. They have so many good appetizer plates, it's hard to choose. The owner is present, even waits tables, and provides advice as to which sauces work better with which pastas. Take his advice, he won't steer you wrong. I began to veer off in the wrong direction with a combo I was concocting and he merely shook his head, then suggested what would really taste good.

The pasta was homemade and incredible. And dessert -- OMG! They had chocolate profiteroles, filled with fresh cream, with a hint of lemon zest, resting atop a design of chocolate/cream anglaise. I wanted to go back again the next night, but special arrangements had been made for us elsewhere. I am still dreaming of the homemade pesto with hand-rolled gnocchi.

This restaurant is SOOOO worth a visit. It is a hidden gem. It is practically impossible to find a neighborhood restaurant where so much is done well and where they truly want to make your experience a good one. This is one of the rare exceptions. Go and enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KAKLA/Paso
“A quaint find!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for a drive to figure out where to eat and happened upon this restaurant. We were on the patio with heaters and a wonderful view of the lagoon. We had a great visit with lots of laughs and wonderful food that did not let us down. The pumpkin ravioli was a winner! Would definitely come back!!

• Visited June 2013