“Lovely Brunch”

Americana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Americana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th St.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Had a wonderful brunch outside here. The bloody marys were fantastic! Although you're sitting outside on a busy road, so you will witness some rude and interesting drivers (we saw a bit of road rage, and of course someone playing their music way too loud), it just made for conversation, and didn't take away from a moment to enjoy the beautiful SD weather and great food!

Visited June 2014

San Jose, California
“Great Bloody Marys!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The breakfast my sisters and I had was kind of hit and miss. We enjoyed the Bloody Marys and the cheesy grits. The pancakes and omelet were as expected. The big disappointment was the Eggs Benedict. The eggs were practically hard boiled (very hard yolk), the muffin was burned, there was very little hollandaise, and instead of Canadian Bacon, we got a piece of overcooked regular bacon. I would come back again, but it wouldn't be for the eggs benedict.

Santee
“Try it; it's worthwhile.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've had my eye on this restaurant this summer. I've been taking my dogs for walks at Del Mar Beach, and we pass by the restaurant as we're coming and going. I finally had the chance to go to the restaurant for dinner with a friend. I loved the charm of the place. I could go there for that alone and sit with family or friends, talk, and enjoy drinks, but let me tell you about the cuisine. What was outstanding: the crab cakes, the tilapia, and the double-chocolate cake. What should have been better: the jidori chicken and the risotto. The cocktails we tried (the mojito and whiskey sour) were very well made. The dirty martini was not as great. Lastly, the servers were quite friendly. Will I go again? Absolutely. I loved it and am eager to try other items on the menu. Oh, and by the way, to you dog lovers, well behaved dogs are allowed on the patio.

La Habra, California
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went there on a Tuesday morning and the staff was a bit overwhelmed, needed more help! Food was good.

Visited June 2014
Waddell, Arizona
“so good we ate breakfast here twice”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My Wife and I walked to this location from our nearby motel and we saw there was quite a long line of locals waiting to eat Fathers Day breakfast at this corner restaurant. We decided to put our names on the list and to our surprise we were sitting down within 10 minutes.

The service and employees were phenomenal, they all appeared to really enjoy their jobs which complemented the good food they served. We came back and had breakfast there the following morning and had the same great experience. I had the pork sausage with both meals, I wish I knew where they got it, yum, yum.

My only complaint, during my 3 day visit to Del Mar and it is not the restaurants fault, but Del Mar and most of southern California appear to be over the top "Dog Friendly" (no hate mail please, I have 4 dogs, but leave them home when I go out to eat). it was annoying at times.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Americana Restaurant? Share your experiences!