“so good we ate breakfast here twice”

Americana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Americana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 91 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th St.
Waddell, Arizona
“so good we ate breakfast here twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My Wife and I walked to this location from our nearby motel and we saw there was quite a long line of locals waiting to eat Fathers Day breakfast at this corner restaurant. We decided to put our names on the list and to our surprise we were sitting down within 10 minutes.

The service and employees were phenomenal, they all appeared to really enjoy their jobs which complemented the good food they served. We came back and had breakfast there the following morning and had the same great experience. I had the pork sausage with both meals, I wish I knew where they got it, yum, yum.

My only complaint, during my 3 day visit to Del Mar and it is not the restaurants fault, but Del Mar and most of southern California appear to be over the top "Dog Friendly" (no hate mail please, I have 4 dogs, but leave them home when I go out to eat). it was annoying at times.

Glendale, California
“Very popular brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Apparently you have to get there early or late in the morning because this place seems to be very popular with local residents. And with good reason. Service was quite, cheerful and attentive once we were seated. The egg dishes were well prepared and, as others have noted, there is the bonus of being able to order off the lunch menu if you are uninterested in the usual breakfast fare.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Very good lunch..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch - was just about to start closing but we ducked in just in time. Server was helpful, albeit slightly rushed. Food was well prepared and tasty with a good selection to choose from.

• Visited May 2014
Palm Springs, California
“Great breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Creative menu and cozy atmosphere make this a favorite spot. For breakfast I ordered the Americana grilled cheese which is a fantastic sandwich. I always love a breakfast restaurant that lets you order of the lunch menu. Service can be a bit spotty but it's not a big deal.

Ottawa, Canada
“Morning breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

The owner rolled up his own sleeves to accomodate our large early morning group. Alessandra (I think? sorry if not!) was the only server on and she was FABULOUS! The food was excellent and the service matched! Will be back for sure!

Visited May 2014

Been to Americana Restaurant? Share your experiences!