“Best Pancakes Ever!”

Americana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Americana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 97 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th St.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have had breakfast on the patio overlooking a nice slice of the Pacific twice now. Both times I've ordered one of the breakfast specials - absolutely wonderful wholegrain pancakes topped with blueberries & strawberry slices. Service was a tad slow, but who is in a hurry when dining with such a view? They also offer a nice selection of teas, served wonderfully hot in cute little cast iron (I think) pots. Overall a delightful experience!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dylan's egg Benedict and Bloody Mary will always bring us back. Not a bad thing on the menu. Eat here very time we come through.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Enticing menu that is well executed. The power breakfast with eggs whites is yummy as is the bold house coffee. Pooches welcome on the patio.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We met some friends on Tuesday based on a favorable suggestion from others that Americana's "happy hour + was one not to be missed. They were absolutely on target. The duck and corn quesadilla was perfect and the price was very reasonable. We also tested the fish taco and found it well prepared (they are competing with what is considered the best fish tacos in San Diego just north of their location so facing stiff competition) and worth repeating.

We will be back !

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was good. Granted it was a busy Sunday morning. I ordered a waffle. After the forty-five minutes of waiting when they showed up with French Toast, I figured whatever , I am hungry.
The French toast was good. But the waitress didn't even realize she gave me the wrong food until my husband mentioned it. My husband asked for eggs, bacon and pancakes. Well they have a combination on the menu and that's what he wanted. Instead the waitress put it in as all sides. When we got the check my husband realized this and brought it to her attention. She told him "Well you got more food this way". My husband didn't eat all the food , nor did he intend to. He told her but that's not what I wanted. It was only after my husband, said "whatever I am not going to argue" that the owner gave in. Poor customer service.