“Great Location - Awful Service - Average Food”

Americana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Americana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th St.
Greenacres
“Great Location - Awful Service - Average Food”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stopped by here for dinner because most of the other restaurants had long wait times but this place had room to spare. Great view of the sunset from the tables outside but that was the best part of the dinner. Our salads were brought out without dressing (somebody forgot). Took forever to get our waitress to bring dressing in plastic cups. The dressing for my salad was very oily and actually made the dry salad worse. The main course was average at best. My pasta dish was so spicy if was virtually inedible. My wife's halibut was basically a big chunk of fish on a plate. It was cooked right, but that was about it. Service was slow and generally unfriendly. It seemed our waitress had other things to do (we noticed she was taking pictures of the sunset). We always ask ourselves after leaving a restaurant if we would eat there again. This one is a definite no.

• Visited August 2012

Barrington, Illinois, United States
“Just OK...do not rush out to this place!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We wanted to do a quick stop here to have breakfast food in early afternoon on a Sunday after a morning at the Del Mar Beach (which BTW is awesome!) We stopped in and the hostess seemed put off to seat my family. We got a great seat and quickly ordered since we needed to be somewhere else at a certain time. We did let our server know we were in a slight hurry...she said no problem. I ordered eggs, grits, toast and bacon-pretty simple. My hubby ordered nothing and my son a grilled cheese. At the 45 minute mark I grabbed the waitress and asked if are food would be coming up, otherwise just cancel the order and we'll pay for the bloody mary's. Not even a minute laster she walked out with our food which was lukewarm....due to what I'm assuming is "sitting out" for awhile. We will not be back...

• Visited July 2012
Tucson, AZ
“A Must When in SoCal”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food and service are delightful, accentuated by see and be seen sidewalk dining. And the americana restaurant is dog-friendly, of course. Plus you get a free postcard to send to yourself as a reminder to visit Del Mar again and often!

Visited July 2012
San Diego
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere but the food was under whelming.
We had to ask for the bread and water and when it came the butter was delicious as it was mixed with rosemary and garlic. But the service was initially very slow.
The entrees came out quickly, but my salmon salad was a heap of spinach and a few veggies. The salmon was delicious, but they could have done so much more with the salad. Not that I don't like spinach, but I like a nice ratio of veggies to balance it out.
I wasn't impressed.

Visited July 2012
California
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food was good and reasonably priced. There are heat lamps outside and the tables on the side face the ocean.

Visited June 2012