“Fabulous setting, great lunch.”

Poseidon Restaurant-On The Bch
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: The Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar embodies the Southern California lifestyle, blending the ambiance of the beach scene with a relaxed and informal dining atmosphere.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Making our way from SanDeigo to LA we stopped by the Poseidonn for lunch. Nice choice, easy valet parking, great setting on the patio with a gorgeous beach view. Wife had crab cakes and I had fish sandwich with sweet potato fries, both were very good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Recently had a great lunch....lots of folks on the beach, beautiful views and a happy crowd.
Food was served quickly and everything was right,
Grammy Sharon

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Poseidon sits right on the beach in Del Mar. It's easy to get to, has valet parking, and also has metered parking in the adjacent lot (and more across the street).

The food was very good and the service was just slightly above average. I had dinner with a couple. We didn't take advantage of their 1/2 price wine special that night (I think it's a regular Wednesday night feature) but I thought that was a great offer. I was especially impressed that they had two very large parties on the patio (one of 19 and another of 60) and yet the service in the restaurant didn't falter. It was a bit disappointing that no one else could get a table on the patio however, because the weather was wonderful that night.

Anyway, I had scallops and they were cooked to perfection and served with a mashed potato accompaniment. The presentation was beautiful, as was the sea bass ordered by one of my companions. Our third party member ordered a number of cold hors d'oeuvres for his dinner and they served everything together as they should have.

The restaurant was very full that night so it was a bit noisy, but I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I love Jakes at Del Mar which is next door to Poseidon. We had our kids with us this trip and decided to try Poseidon as its a lower price point and seemed like it might be more kid friendly. We really enjoyed our meal. My husband has fish and chips and he thought they were average - good. I had a dungeoness crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries and it was wonderful! Our table was inside but still had a fantastic view! Service was great.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Poseidon is directly on the beach at Del Mar. We love eating on the outside patio under the umbrellas watching the surfers and pelicans and children in the surf. The valet parking is easy and even if the lot is full, they move the car to an off site lot. We enjoy the "catch of the day" sandwich. Large and fresh and perfect. The fish tacos are very popular and served with all the usual fixings. The wine and beer are a bit expensive but not unusual for a beach front restaurant. Although it is always crowded, they honor reservations and do not rush you in any way.