“As Good As It Gets”
Review of Jake's Del Mar

Jake's Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Del Mar
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th street
Description: Jake’s Del Mar brings new American cooking to the edge – to the water’s edge that is. Located right on the beach in Del Mar Chef Duvinh Ta uses fresh, seasonal products as the inspiration for updating classic preparations of fresh fish, shellfish and premium meats. The lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch menus showcase clean, eclectic flavors and local, sustainable products that are complemented by Jake’s jaw dropping location on the sand. The nightly Chef’s Special is a seasonal creation that features the best seafood, meats and produce available and through the Legacy of Aloha program, Jake’s donates a portion the proceeds from the Chef’s Special to the San Diego Food Bank.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This seafood rest. has it down pat.Good location,trained staff (Chet),great food and stunning view.It was my birthday of which they were informed beforehand and everyone I met said Happy Birthday!
I even got a special dessert.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A local recommended this to us. Great views, great food and they have fun nights that are themed from wine flight Monday to Waikiki Wednesdays (fish tacos and 1/2 price Mai Tais') ... great time .. and the service was fantastic.!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Friendly, inviting staff, piping hot steamers, a glass if ice cold Pinot Grigio a and you have a recipe for romance. Great food, food people.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I made a vacation to San Diego this past September and on our way to Rincon, we took a scenic tour along the coast. We stopped at Jakes due to my having read some reviews before leaving for our trip. Sadly we arrived between lunch and dinner service but were sat promptly at a great table in the bar, with a great view of the beach and ocean. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu.

We opted for some appetizers and they did not disappoint. We had the calamari and I have to say I have never had better anywhere. The Moroccan shrimp were very tasty, and the edimami humus was a great dipping sauce for them. My wife enjoyed the Angel hair pasta dish very much.

The restaurant isn't inexpensive, AND you are forced to take valet parking (but understanable as it is a very small parking lot), but I will say if in the area it is a welcome treat for a quick bite. I just wish we had made it for a lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a really bad experience. The waiter was very rude and I had to call the manager over who did resolve the situation and apologized, the food was good and so was the view but because of the rude waiter the experience was soured and I will not be back.