“Great Beachfront Restaurant”
Review of Jake's Del Mar

Jake's Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Del Mar
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th street
Description: Jake’s Del Mar brings new American cooking to the edge – to the water’s edge that is. Located right on the beach in Del Mar Chef Duvinh Ta uses fresh, seasonal products as the inspiration for updating classic preparations of fresh fish, shellfish and premium meats. The lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch menus showcase clean, eclectic flavors and local, sustainable products that are complemented by Jake’s jaw dropping location on the sand. The nightly Chef’s Special is a seasonal creation that features the best seafood, meats and produce available and through the Legacy of Aloha program, Jake’s donates a portion the proceeds from the Chef’s Special to the San Diego Food Bank.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Jake's really is "right on the water"! Wide selection of good foods . My friend enjoyed her chicken and I love my corvina, lightly crusted with pecan. Broad wine list, fairly priced. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Loved it! RIght on the water!

Here is the good part. My other half is vegetarian and she was thrilled with her meal. So was I.

I brought three kids along and they were all well taken care of and the chef made up some pasta for them. I am not entirely sure I would call this a kid restaurant, at least after 7pm but the staff seemed quite amenable to it as we showed up at 5pmish.

Add this to your list, 5 star food (not a little portion of a modern dish) a real plate full of a very good meal at a moderately high (but definitely reasonable in the big picture) price.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Every time we are in Del Mar we eat at Jakes at least once, this time twice. Best views, good food. The special bar menu is fun too.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The service at this place was incredible. We arrived with a party of eight (including wet kids who had been playing on the beach). They seated us immediately, were very friendly, and even brought a couple of old kitchen towels for the kids! The waiter was fantastic! He was extremely knowledgable about every dish, and suggested a few ways to order for the kids (not on the childrens' menu, although that was fairly extensive). The food was wonderful! We each had something different and didn't have a single person who was unhappy with their choice. I would highly recommend this place, and will be back when we're in the area again. Worth every penny!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped by here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. It has a great ambience ( it feels like you are dining on the beach but without the wind in your face or sand in your teeth). Our meals were superb . I would recommend the sea bass and shrimp pasta! Service was prompt, polite and friendly. As Arnold said ; I Will be baack"