“patron”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Maricopa, United States
“patron”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

again the room was fantastic, except for the fact that the tub drained VERY slowly. There is nothing else to say but that we did love your hotel. Maybe having the elevator in our wing would have been nice, but you did open up the service elevator and that did help a lot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Greg H,

Thanks for the great review. I appreciate your feedback and for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay. And...we will knock out that slow tub drain today.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Upland, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A friend and I stayed at this hotel while we were involved with the Charity Fair Horse Show this month. It was very convenient to the stables and, for the most part, clean and comfortable. We were on the 3rd floor (room 3093), on the north side of the hotel. While the room is of acceptable size and the beds very comfortable, our biggest issues were that there are no (not even one) towel rack in the bathroom. We didn't want our towels changed everyday, but there was no place to hang them up!

Most of our problems were with housekeeping. On the first night I found a straight pin on the carpet right by my bed. Thank goodness I didn't step on it with my bare feet. Another day, housekeeping left our trash bag on our bathroom counter, did not stock coffee, creamer, or leave cups. Those were our biggest issues, but service recovery was good when these were brought up at the front desk. I was given two $5.00 Starbucks cards and three days of parking fees were removed from my bill ($18/night for self park).

Breakfast is rather expensive at the hotel, so we only ate there once. There is a nice Fish Market Restaurant across the street, which was pretty good. Of course, the Fab Fair is currently going on, so all the junk food is also available!

Bottom line: I will go back to the Hilton Del Mar this December for another horse show. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose a pool view. It wasn't pleasant looking at the back parking lot. It only has three floo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nomossgrows,

Thanks for staying with us for Charity Fair Horse Show. We love charity fair and thanks for being part of a great group. I apologize for the housekeeping mishaps. I will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping team to help ensure those items don't occur again.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 18, 2014

1. Housekeeping, What housekeeping? had ask all the time if they spoke English only 1
2. Elevator lobbies did not get clean during our stay 3 nights.
3. Room not cleaned until 6 pm and only bed made .
4. Really unfriendly staff
5. Carpers are falling apart
6. pool staff, forget it
7. Bar staff the worst.
Would not recommend this hotel if you want to enjoy your stay in Del Mar.
Not the first time staying at a Hilton and having problems.
In the future we will stay some where else and not recommend Hilton to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay at del mar Hilton
Steve C,

Ouch! I am so very sorry to learn about your stay with us. Not a typical stay by any means and I am deeply sorry that you experienced these challenges. If there is any way I can make your stay up to you please contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to making it right.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Having lived just a half-mile away from this Hilton property, my first experience here started with some serious water damage at my nearby condo that had me staying there for nearly a month. Since moving away from the San Diego area, I have made it a point to again stay there when in town for business.

This is what I would call a very comfortable hotel. Located right off the five freeway it is an easy property to get to and from. The rooms are generally clean and of good size. Most of the staff is polite and helpful and the Courtyard grounds are very nice.

If you are doing business or vacationing in San Diego or further north up the coast, this is an excellent choice. The hotel shuttle guys are very accommodating when it comes to short trips to the restaurants nearby in Del Mar and along the ocean or nearby Solana Beach and the Cedro's shopping area. depending on the time of year, you are also just across the street from the Del Mar racetrack, the Red Tracton's restaurant (cool old style steak house) as well as the Polo grounds located just to the east. Evenings with a cocktail at the outdoor fire pit just off the lobby bar is a pleasant way to end your day.

The only minor inconvenience I have suffered in numerous visits has been trying to get housekeeping to service my room early in the morning. Other than that, the folks up front, in the club room, restaurant etc. are terrific.

Hopefully you enjoy your stay at the Hilton Delmar as much as I have.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms provide convenience and a buffer from the five freeway to the back of the hot...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jeff P,

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your detailed review sharing your inside view of the local area. Thank you! I apologize we didn't get your room cleaned early in the morning. Not sure you contacted the front desk but this should be an easy request for us to fulfill next time for sure.

Thanks again and hope to see you back again soon.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hadn't been to the Hilton Hotel in Del Mar for a few years and was a bit skeptical about making reservations for weekend getaway since my prior experiences with the hotel were just "o.k." I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised this go around. Everything has been upgraded and it's given the hotel the facelift that it so very much needed. The lobby, rooms, pool area, etc. Rooms are comfortable and a decent size if you get one with a balcony or lanai. My preference is a room with a balcony. Ask for a room that has a larger bathroom, otherwise you'll feel more than a little claustrophobic in such a tight space. The outdoor seating and pool areas are beautifully lit and the fire pits are a wonderful addition. When you check in you should definitely ask for Nick. His customer service skills are exemplary and he goes out of his way to ensure that you have a wonderful experience. I will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff P,

Thanks again and hope to see you back again soon.

solana beach, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent, the staff was amazing and the adjoining rooms were perfect for my son and his famiy/children. the pool area and activities were perfect for a family or Couples of which I observed quite a few enjoying themselves. Happy hour was very happy, bartenders were fun and eager to please. I would definitely recommend this Hiton to anyone wanting a special getaway. Cheers

Jason L,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing what items you particularly enjoyed. Our courtyard is one of many of our great amenities that our guests can enjoy. I am thrilled you took advantage of it as well as Happy Hour.

Thanks again for sharing and we hope to see you back again soon.

Long Beach,Ca
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had a great experience. I recommend the pool area rooms, so you don't hear the freeway. The hotel has a garden and is served at the restaurant. Would stay again Went to the fair and concert across the street

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Justin F, Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
CaboTina,

Thanks so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed our restaurant, coastalKITCHEN and had some tastes from Chef's Garden. We hope to see you back again soon. Summer in Del Mar is the best. Wait, its always great in Del Mar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
Pantai Inn
Pantai Inn
#1 of 24 in La Jolla
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!