“NOISY”

Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The wall were paper thin, so that I could hear the obnoxious kid one night and the grating telephone conversation the next. Maybe it was through the adjoining room door? There were inconsiderate pool and fire pit users who hollered late into the night. No staff members enforced the "until 10 pm" rule

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Flo P
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Flo P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so sorry for the noisy neighbors. We certainly want our guests to enjoy themselves while with us but not at the cost of disturbing other guests. Again I am deeply sorry.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to place you in a quieter area. Thank you again for your feedback. It helps us improve.

Justin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Even though this hotel is close to highway, noise could not be heard in room. Beautiful landscaping and welcoming atmosphere . Staff is very courteous and helpful. Meals are appetizing and overall cleanliness is obvious.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Bernard D,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Glad you enjoyed our great location, scrumptious food, genuine staff and our relaxing grounds. We hope to see you back in Del Mar again soon.

Justin

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was pulling a large trailer and called before I made the reservations to make sure I would be able to park it here. They said it would be fine. When I got there the guy at the front desk got a little worked up when I told him about the trailer. I got a call from the parking lot guy a bit later who was trying to figure out who I talked to that told me I could park it there. The guy was nice and in the end there was no problem but this was a little annoying. Besides that, the room and the stay was really great.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Ryan S,

Thank you for stopping by and staying with us. Trailer and all. I apologize for the confusion regarding your trailer. I am glad we were able to work out a good spot for your trailer to be parked overnight. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thanks so much for staying with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent location to the Del Mar Fairgrounds. I walked over there for my event daily. Hanging out at the fire pit and the view of the pool was great at night. Food was delicious, I ordered the Calamari and Cheeseburger. Drinks were strong. Great job!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Miguel C,

Thanks for staying with us and dining with us in coastalKITCHEN. The calamari is one of my favorites and who doesn't like a stiff drink? Glad you enjoyed. We hope to see you back again soon in Del Mar.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed at The Del Mar Hilton as a last minute trip to see friends I do really LIKE this hotel the rooms are very nice and the beds are fabulous.The service is always very good.If I had one thing to say they get you on all these tourism taxes and self parking other than that its GREAT! Enjoyed my 1 night last minute stay. Who does not like Del Mar!!!!

Room Tip: Had a room facing the pool...Very nice but kinda loud at night time when you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Michelle D,

Thanks for stopping by and staying with us to visit your friends. We consider you a friend of the hotel now too, since you enjoy our services and love our beds. In regards to the tourism taxes, please feel confident those taxes go back into making the greater San Diego area a great place to visit.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you back in Del Mar again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Hilton during my CrossFit competition. The guys who drove the shuttle were so cool and prompt. Everything was clean, fancy, and the staff was helpful. I would absolutely come here again. They even have "clean" food at the bar so staying healthy during your trip is totally doable

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

John Francis M,

Thanks for joining us during the Crossfit regions. Hope you performed well. Glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, especially our team and coastalKITCHEN. Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. Until next time.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Do not pre-pay for your room. They will add to your reservation and then state they cannot fix it at the hotel. They will then give you a number to call and you will never receive an answer or call back. I don't beleive it was the hotel but was more of a corporate issue. We bookes one day and was charged for two. The hotel stated they could not do anything because it was pre-paid.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Heather H,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry to hear you had trouble with a pre-paid reservation. I see that you booked an advance purchase rate via the Hilton website. These rates are a great way to lock in an excellent deal on a for sure trip but they do not offer much flexibility. Did you ever hear back from the number you called? If not please let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
Winners Circle Resort
Winners Circle Resort
#1 of 3 in Solana Beach
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!