“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Del Mar, United States
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was pulling a large trailer and called before I made the reservations to make sure I would be able to park it here. They said it would be fine. When I got there the guy at the front desk got a little worked up when I told him about the trailer. I got a call from the parking lot guy a bit later who was trying to figure out who I talked to that told me I could park it there. The guy was nice and in the end there was no problem but this was a little annoying. Besides that, the room and the stay was really great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Ryan S,

Thank you for stopping by and staying with us. Trailer and all. I apologize for the confusion regarding your trailer. I am glad we were able to work out a good spot for your trailer to be parked overnight. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thanks so much for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fontana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent location to the Del Mar Fairgrounds. I walked over there for my event daily. Hanging out at the fire pit and the view of the pool was great at night. Food was delicious, I ordered the Calamari and Cheeseburger. Drinks were strong. Great job!

Miguel C,

Thanks for staying with us and dining with us in coastalKITCHEN. The calamari is one of my favorites and who doesn't like a stiff drink? Glad you enjoyed. We hope to see you back again soon in Del Mar.

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed at The Del Mar Hilton as a last minute trip to see friends I do really LIKE this hotel the rooms are very nice and the beds are fabulous.The service is always very good.If I had one thing to say they get you on all these tourism taxes and self parking other than that its GREAT! Enjoyed my 1 night last minute stay. Who does not like Del Mar!!!!

Room Tip: Had a room facing the pool...Very nice but kinda loud at night time when you want to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Michelle D,

Thanks for stopping by and staying with us to visit your friends. We consider you a friend of the hotel now too, since you enjoy our services and love our beds. In regards to the tourism taxes, please feel confident those taxes go back into making the greater San Diego area a great place to visit.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you back in Del Mar again soon.

Montclair, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Hilton during my CrossFit competition. The guys who drove the shuttle were so cool and prompt. Everything was clean, fancy, and the staff was helpful. I would absolutely come here again. They even have "clean" food at the bar so staying healthy during your trip is totally doable

John Francis M,

Thanks for joining us during the Crossfit regions. Hope you performed well. Glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, especially our team and coastalKITCHEN. Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. Until next time.

Odessa, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Do not pre-pay for your room. They will add to your reservation and then state they cannot fix it at the hotel. They will then give you a number to call and you will never receive an answer or call back. I don't beleive it was the hotel but was more of a corporate issue. We bookes one day and was charged for two. The hotel stated they could not do anything because it was pre-paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Heather H,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry to hear you had trouble with a pre-paid reservation. I see that you booked an advance purchase rate via the Hilton website. These rates are a great way to lock in an excellent deal on a for sure trip but they do not offer much flexibility. Did you ever hear back from the number you called? If not please let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Purcell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a lovely property. Peaceful, grounds are perfect. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. The restaurant and bar are excellent. The staff is full of energy and very helpful. I highly reccomend this property.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Kay M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and that our team took great care of you. Hope you tried one of our great handcrafted cocktails and some of our chef's new items.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please come back soon.

Lakeside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The grounds are beautiful - it is close to the fairgrounds as well. We were treated well by the room service staff particularly. The room was comfortable an quiet even though it was on the 1st floor. There was a nice patio outside the room. Only thing I would add would be a locking screen door to the patio door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Kak6,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. We are thrilled your enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient and room service delightful. We will be sure to check the screen door lock.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
San Diego Marriott Del Mar
San Diego Marriott Del Mar
#84 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!