“Extremely happy! Top spot for Asian Dining” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 91 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Rancho Santa Fe, California
“Extremely happy! Top spot for Asian Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

What a pleasant surprise - I've lived in San Diego over 35 years and did not know about this place until a friend told me about it last week. The food was excellent - the service was friendly, and fast but not rushed. Every dish we ordered was fresh, wonderfully flavorful. (I loved the Lacque Duck, but the traditional soup was amazing too.) And it was all very reasonably priced - this is going to be a part of our rotation and a a place we'll take out of town guests to show them something special - great food, great service, that is reasonably priced and convenient to get to. My hat is off to them - good job!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“One of San Diego's BEST Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I grew up in the area and have been enjoying Le Bambou since I was a kid--whenever I'm back in town, it's one of my top food destinations. Great vegetarian options--try the vegetable ambrosia wraps.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“Decent spot for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

In a quiet corner of a shopping center just west of the I-5, Le Bambou is fine for lunch or dinner, at reasonable value. Lunch specials are decent but could be made a little more 'special.'

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Revisiting an old favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

When my wife and I lived in Del Mar many years ago, this was our favorite restaurant. Whenever we visit San Diego, we make sure to return. The food is a delicate blend of French and Vietnamese cuisine, and everything on the menu is delicious. The restaurant has been family run since its beginnining, and the service is great. Try thr shrimp in spicy tomato sauce and the barbecue pork on skewers.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frank B
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Quiet and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located just west of I-5 on Del Mar Heights Road this little eatery is tucked away in the corner near Vons. THe food is always good and it is quiet enough to talk business. I particularly like the Vietnamese dishes, like the clay pot dishes and the combination salad. Neil is the waiter and he is great. I eat here about once a week.

• Visited January 2013