“Fantastic place”
Review of Pacifica Del Mar

Pacifica Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Across the street on Camino Del Mar
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Beautiful view, great food and drinks, nice atmosphere, superb location. Could be difficult to find parking sometimes, and the wait could be substantial - but well worth it. Highly recommended.

• Korean first
San Diego, California
“Pacifica fills the void created by Il Fornaio”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Everyone knows there are issues with Del Mar. For example, parking is extremely constrained but parking enforcement is not. In addition, traffic (particularly during the San Diego County Fair and Race season) is more like a parking lot.

Well here's another issue with Del Mar that you should know about. While I generally enjoy Il Fornaio's happy hour, they have decided to suspend discounts on all their usual happy hour food-related offerings. However, they are still offering happy hour discounts on some beverages. This means that you have the pleasure of indulging in some great libations and then paying full price for food, in order to "sober up". The level of service was also unacceptable. There simply was not enough wait staff to handle the demand of the happy hour crowd. Since the wait staff were essentially non-existent, I had to wait in exceptionally long lines for a drink at the bar. In short, the poor bartenders were "slammed"! I'm not certain, but perhaps Il Fornaio had to cut-back on their happy hour discount food offerings and their wait staff, in order to pay for the recent renovations that they have made to their restaurant.

Fortunately, just steps away, Pacifica comes to the rescue of the Del Mar happy hour crowd. Pacifica boasts about having the best happy hour in Del Mar. I'm not quite certain that is true. But what I do know is that Pacifica does offer great food and drink specials during happy hour. So much so, that they have won my business away from seemingly greedy Il Fornaio. The happy hour pulled pork tacos at Pacific were magnificent! In addition, the martini and oyster specials on Wednesdays are insanely delicious! The service at Pacifica is equally amazing. One of the managers, Kyle, ensures that customers are treated well and are very satisfied. Even though the views from Enoteca Del Fornaio are breathtaking, Pacifica also has great views and solidly gets my vote!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful setting, excellent food, good service”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We shared a dinner with friends here on a recent trip to the San Diego area. They live here and selected it for the sunset views. Unfortunately, the sun did not cooperate, but the setting was very nice and the outside area very comfortable. Our friends brought their own wine (which we would not have known you could do, and there was no corkage fee. They did have a good selection of cocktails and a full bar.

The food was very tasty. I tried the Japanese clam chowder which had a wonderful flavor, and was quite unique in its ingredients. I also had their signature dish - Ahi. We live in Hawaii part of the year, so I am pretty picky about Ahi, and this definitely made the grade. The rice cake was also very good. My wife had the vegetable curry which she also enjoyed.

I would definitely make a reservation, as the area seemed to be quite busy, and on a nice evening, opt for outside seating.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Its all about the view”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Had a delightful dinner with friends who are local so they made the selection although it was on our radar as well. If the weather had cooperated our sunset view would have been lovely. The food was very solid, prepared well and served at the appropriate temperature. My vegetable curry was loaded with big veggies, bok choy etc with a very light green curry, so I did not feel weighed down at the end of the meal. Our friends brought two bottles of wine to share, and we were not charged a cork fee. The service was attentive without being intrusive and the vibe is definitely low key and relaxed. We did not realize we had dined and talked for three hours and were not given stink eye because of it. Nice touch . . .

Carlsbad, California
“Fantastic for years!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I hadn't been to Pacifica in years and decided to meet my family for my birthday celebration. Great service, delicious food and a beautiful ocean view patio setting.

Everyone's seafood choices were wonderful.