“Always terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pacifica Del Mar

Pacifica Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Across the street on Camino Del Mar
Colorado
“Always terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in this area. Beautiful view, great food. The seafood stew is my favorite. My husband said the portobello mushroom sandwich was one of the best he's had.

• Visited February 2013

“Stunning view to watch the sunset!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a twitter friend tell me about this place, and i was thrilled. Stunning view that looks out the ocean great for sunsets. Waitress was friendly and fast. Great food and drinks. Loved it, and highly recommend. makes your trip that much better :)

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful View and Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This restaurant has a patio with a beautiful view of the ocean. We watched the sun set as we were dining. The wait staff was attentive from the moment we walked in the door. I liked the cute fish napkins rings. They were a fun addition to the table setting. We always ask for recommendations for wines. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the wine selection and described several wines that he thought we might enjoy. The wines were just as he described and we appreciated his expertise. They have Opah--a delicate white fish that I discovered when I was in Hawaii. It was prepared perfectly and the sides that accompanied it paired well with the fish. There were generous portions of everything. My boyfriend had the sea scallops. They were delicious also.

This is a fantastic, romantic setting with great food and great service. I would put this high on the list of places to try when visiting this area.

• Visited October 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
“Just unlucky, I guess”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Rave reviews from folks induced us to try this place on Christmas Eve. The food was good enough, but something really wrong was up with our server. It took 25 minutes to get a cocktail, and rather than take our order, she disappeared from view. Finally, another waitress covered for her. One table after another got up and went to the host with complaints. When she did show up she was actually somewhere else. "Your order is being plated!" meant only another 20 minute wait and by then the meal was cold. If she was having a bad night, I get that, but with the one exception no one attempted to fix the problem. At least it was half price wine night so we had killer bottle of chardonnay. Still not worth it.

• Visited December 2012
Del Mar, California
“The Very Best Restaurant in Del Mar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am a long time resident & merchant in Del Mar & have 20 yrs experience with this fabulous restaurant. The glorious food has stayed consistent all those years. The menu is varied but what I call "Pacific Rim Cuisine", quite a lot of seafood dishes and the blackened salmon with the garlic mashed potatos is my favorite. They have a stunning outdoor terrace heated with lamps in the winter, and an ocean view. It is always crowded so be sure to make a reservation. They also have great happy hours and a very active singles bar.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Pacifica Del Mar? Share your experiences!