“I couldn't wait to get home to write this review - it was horrible!!!!”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #33 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego
“I couldn't wait to get home to write this review - it was horrible!!!!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

OK so it's a tradition to go to a movie and have Chinese food on Xmas but this year we decided to shake it up and go for Thai food with another couple. There were 8 of us in the party - two families. So how to begin - the service and the way the owners treated us at this restaurant make it impossible for me to say anything good about the food - which actually was average anyway. So even though it was Xmas the restaurant wasn't all that busy. We asked to have our check separate and quite frankly I think it was more than they could handle. Our friend's appetizers came out and ours never did. It wasn't that they were slightly late but that we had to ask repeatedly for them. Then even before our appetizers came out two of the three main courses that our friends had ordered came out. The waiter was oblivious to how bad this service was! Then three out of our four entrees were served - more than 20 minutes after our friends had theirs and still the one missing dish four our friends didn't appear. I asked about our fourth entree and the waiter was totally lost. Of course it came out slightly before our check. I don't want to bore you but it never got better.
So we had enough and asked to see the manager and the silly waiter said he wan't there. Oh come on. Then we asked to speak to the owner and we were told she was cooking. So they could have salvaged something if they had comped our drinks or taken something but they didn't. They did offer one dessert - oh come on ! To add insult to injury they added the gratuity to the bill because we were eight even though we had two checks. When we complained to the waiter about not getting anything taken off the bill he said he couldn't because it was in the computer. How lame.
So too bad for you Taste of Thai. There are tons of better restaurants to go to in the Del Mar area. I've lived here for 13 years and never gone to your restaurant. Not because I had heard anything bad - it was just one of those things. Now I have a reason not to go. This place treated us horribly. I'd rather spend my money someplace else.

Oh and to top if off they were shuttling furniture in an out of the restaurant and leaving the door open every time they went in or out. It was chilly outside and I was put off regarding their insensitivity to their customers.

• Visited December 2012

Baja California Norte, Mexico
“Food was good but not great”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We ordered several dinners and appetizers to take out. The food was ready when we arrived at the time we requested and the order was correct.

I have eaten at half a dozen Thai restaurants in San Diego and this one was good but not great. For one thing, they seem to have a different level of what hot means to them then others. I order mine a level 3 which I have found has a nice bite, but the heat was almost none existent.

Everyone enjoyed their food but compared to other restaurants they have tried were not impressed. There was much debate over ordering from Taste of Thai or another restaurant nearby that gets great reviews. We will try the other Thai restaurant next time....

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Oriental Taste at its BEST !”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you crave for Asian delicious spicy dishes then this the place for you just be sure you are not travelling in a shoestring budget.

Visited July 2012
poway
“Service is a joke”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we were a party of 6 last night. 5 of us were served. The other memeber of the party waited and we asked for his order several times. It finally cam when the rest of us had almost finished our meal. His wes uncooked and had to be returned. When they final said they would replace themeal it was too late as we had to leave. The bill came, without his meal but a full tip was included. We deducted the amount ofthe tip and the cashier/manager appeared angry. There was no apology from the manager.

Eat here at your own risk.

• Visited July 2012
la costa, ca
“Pretty good Thai...”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Cute atmosphere and good thai food, which is something difficult to find in San Diego!

Visited March 2012

Been to Taste of Thai? Share your experiences!