“Too Loud to Stay and Eat”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #31 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Del Mar
“Too Loud to Stay and Eat”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Went here last Saturday night (8-01-2011) with my wife and father-In-law. Or should I say we tried to go here beause we were in the mood for Thai food. We walked in and were seated immedialtey - at the last empty table. The place was full. Immediately we became aware that it was too loud to carry on a conversation or enjoy a meal. The noise of so many guests was cacaphonous. We left and went to Spices Thai about 5 minutes away where the cound ambience was what a restaurant should be.

I have been to Taste of Thai for lunch many times. The restaurant is mostly empty at lunch and therewas never a sound problem. I have nbever been here when it was busy. The acoustics of the place are so bad that I will not return for dinner.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank catatthebeach

las vegas
“A gem tucked in the corner!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Great food, service and atmosphere. After 25 years of coming to Del Mar-and we have our annual favorites-Jakes, Il Fornia for Bloody Marys-a new find is always welcome at a reasonable price!

• Visited September 2010
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good Pad Won Sen”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Decent Thai. Ate fresh spring rolls, mint, noodles, lettuce and shrimp with peanut sauce - pretty good. The Pad Won Sen had good flavor, generous portions, and was generally good except some of the mushrooms had an odd texture.

• Visited June 2011
San Diego County
“Excellent Food and Service at Taste of Thai Del Mar”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Taste of Thai in Del Mar has been one of my favorite restaurants in the San Diego area. I've always found the food to be taste and reasonably priced, and the service good-to-excellent. And, I've tried almost every dish they offer. Having eaten there over 50 times and had take-out about as many times in the last 5 years, for the life of me cannot understand hearing all of the negatives. My week is not a good week if I haven't eaten there that week. (I don't have any financial or personal relationship with the restaurant, and I have to travel out of my way to get there.)

Paradise Valley, AZ
“Crying Tiger and Siamese Twins...decent”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott next door so this place made sense. We called our order in for pickup. The place was packed when we went to get the food. It was as we ordered.
I had the Siamese Twins with no onions or shrimp, it was kinda like sweet and sour chicken. Not bad. I wouldn't have it again but it worked at the time. It came with some jasmine rice. My guy got the crying tiger- steak, broccoli and a lime sauce he liked it.

1 Thank AZactiveobserver