“A Good Meal”

Bully's
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Palm Desert, CA
“A Good Meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

A very small restaurant with a bar side and a dining side. We do not like to dine in the bar and so we were seated in the restaurant side. Either side of the aisle were red booths with tables affixed that came out into the aisle to allow for additional diners. Waitress was friendly and efficient. Many horseracing pictures throughout.

We ordered a Prime Rib for Two that cost $38. It was a 22 oz. on the bone cut that my husband cut in half. Each diner had their choice of sides plus soup or salad. Bread was also served. The meat was cooked perfectly. Wine prices were reasonable for the most part. We would return.

Chicago
“We'll Make it a tradition”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I brought my cousin and her family to Bully's. She is a native of CA and had never been there. The food was wonderful!! Our table had ribs, prime rib, prime rib sandwiches and a New York strip and everyone was very happy with our choices. They serve their prime rib with extra au jus and horseradish sauce - traditional sides that we really appreciated. I'm from the midwest where we have the best beef, so I usually don't order it out of the area, but it was great. Our service was wonderful also, and we'll plan to go back every time I travel there on business.

North County
“Bully's Rocks!”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I just hosted a dinner for 20+ friends here and we all were very happy with the food and the service. Barbara and her staff did a terrific job in making sure everything was taken care of and the food was wonderful. Despite what some others have chosen to review here, give Bully's the chance it deserves. This place has outlasted every restaurant in Del Mar - and for good reason. The food is consistently great and the place is a Del Mar institution!

San Diego, California
“$40.00 for 2 burger dinners !!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I started going to Bully's in the early 70s as a college student. Back then a burger, fries and salad was around 5-6 bucks and a draft beer was $2. Prime rib for 2 was $20 (actual Prime Beef). I have returned there to dine from time to time over the years and found the quality of the food to be going steadily down and the prices steadily going up. I had not eaten there in over a year and as my son and I were hungry for a good burger we gave the place another try. Although the quality of the food was fine the price seems outrageous. Burgers at dinner are now $12.95 and the basic dinner salad is $3 extra. Add on a couple of drinks and our tab for the 2 of us with tax and tip was $41.00! Last time I went shopping for groceries and spent that much it was enough food to feed a family for several days. Sorry Bully's--we'll either make our own or go to Jack's next time. Times are way too hard to spend that kind of cash on a couple of burgers!!!!

1 Thank pinacoleggo
DEL MAR
“What a shame....”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

George Bullington would role over in his grave if he knew what has become of his once wonderful local eatery. As a Del Mar local for forty years I am sad to report that the people, management,service and food that made Bullys famous are no longer there. What a shame....