“Luxury”
Review of Spa L'Auberge

Spa L'Auberge
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa L’Auberge is a boutique, coastal spa that offers professional, personalized services. Enjoy a menu of massages, facials, and body treatments from this spa located within L’Auberge Del Mar.
Saugatuck, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Luxury”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My lovely daughter-in-law surprised me for my birthday with a spa day. We started out with a massage. The spa, hotel and restaurant are on the ocean and it's a lovely venue.

I was disappointed in the dressing area; it was too much like high school with an open area that was congested with just two of us undressing. At sixty-three, I wasn't thrilled with baring it all, so had to take my robe into the toilet closet to change. They could improve upon it with a few separate curtained areas. We were asked to wait for a minute until someone came to get us, and it was less than a minute.

My masseuse, and I am so sorry I can't remember her name now, was lovely and patient. I'd had an awful experience with a boney fingered gal at another spa once, so this woman was very gentle and the experience was relaxing. The music was wonderful; it was called Polynesian Spa. I felt transported. It was very spiritual.

My daughter-in-law bought me a gift at the spa shop and told the clerk it was a gift for me, so when I got home and found the receipt for the spa treatment and the gift in the gift bag, I was shocked at the price. So a little thing like being careful about the receipt could have made this a five star experience.

Visited October 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Liked the steam room and out door lounge area. The tea was delicious. Massage great! Would have liked more magazines to choose from in the lounge area, recommend you bring one one a book if you plan to linger.the gift shop has some nice things.

Visited October 2012
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Gem of a Day Spa but with One Problem...”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

As the other reviewer wrote, this is an attractive, SoCal surf-themed day spa at the gorgeous L'Auberge Del Mar hotel. Although I live less than 10 miles away, I had never ventured onto the property itself. The hotel grounds are compact but beautiful, with spectacular vistas of the ocean. The spa is situated in a separate petite building adjacent to the main hotel. I had booked a package consisting of a massage, facial, and lunch at one of the two hotel restaurants. My providers were excellent: I received the painful-but-oh-so-good-for-you deep tissue massage I had requested and my facial was lovely. After an enjoyable al fresco lunch overlooking the Pacific, I headed to the small but lovely pool area (added bonus: non-hotel spa guests are allowed to use the pool facilities). I spent the afternoon getting my tan on, while being attentively waited on by the pool staff (the Bikini Rita is yummy!). My ONLY complaint was that by the time I returned back to the spa to shower and dress (4-ish pm), it was filled with a small group of non-hotel guest, non-spa guest women and teenagers who were using the facility to prep and dress for a wedding they were attending at the hotel. They were loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate (they usurped all of the counter space and small dressing area with their crates of makeup and trashy dresses). It really took away from the relaxed vibe I had going and that one expects from a not-inexpensive spa day. I did discuss this with the attendant who settled my bill for the day, but I am doubtful that they will implement any sort of policy to ban these spa-crashers. It's too bad because it definitely diminished the overall experience.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Diane M
San Diego, California
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 355 helpful votes
“Cool little Day Spa”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Tucked in the lovely L'Auberge lies a cool small uh little (yes I do mean little) Spa. The facilities are decorated more like Sephora went surfing and the amenities are limited but excellent. I love the Spa Specials but they don't neccesarily keep that info up to date online. Treatments are high quality and there is some serious talent on board. Perfect location for solo spazz

Visited August 2012