“Worth a Try”

Del Mar Pizza
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you are looking for a simple family dinner in town, this place fits the bill. Like their pizzas and salad. It is a casual place, but the food is good and the price is right for the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We walked from our hotel and toured the Del Mar shopping and restaurant area in search of dinner. With two younger children and being casually dressed we were getting disappointed with our decision. We decided to catch the sunset and then head back to the hotel and formulate a plan. After watching the amazing sunset, we spotted this little pizza place and enjoyed some amazing cheesy bread and a NY style pizza that was delicious!!! Very courteous staff and a great atmosphere added to the experience. After a week in SOCal, my 8 year old daughter still thinks this was the best food we had all week.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Probably the best place to grab a slice of pizza in your bikini. They even deliver to the beach if you don't want to walk up to the restaurant. This place is a Del Mar staple.

1  Thank d h
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We ate the gluten free pizza here (due to a dietary restriction) and it was excellent. They require you get the entire pizza, which was 14" I believe, but it was worth it. The cheese alone had a lot of flavor and was better than the other half which was pepperoni. The only downside was the inside of the restaurant was really hot during lunch time. I don't know about you but I don't care to eat hot food in a hot room. So we packed it up to go instead and ate it at the hotel. For gluten free pizza, I definitely recommend this place.
Pls. I walked by here one night as well and it was packed! Expect a wait during dinner hours

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I walked to this little pizza restaurant wile staying at the Del Mar Motel on the beach. The peperoni pizza was excellent, and the chopped salad was fresh and flavorful. Excellent food at a very affordable price. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends or family and we will eat here again if we ever come back to Del Mar