“Nice casual alternative to the higher priced village eating choices”
Review of Smash Burger

Smash Burger
Ranked #29 of 100 Restaurants in Del Mar
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We liked all of the friendly kids working at this burger joint and give high marks for the Smash burgers, Smash fries and especially the the shakes! There's inside seating and also outdoor seating with ocean views.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have passed Smash Burger dozens and dozens of times. We always passed by while we went to the Starbucks across the street. We're always in Del Mar as we go to the beach quite a bit as we live in the area.

Earlier this week I was with an out of town friend that was in town. We were in Del Mar and it was late afternoon so most of the places to eat were closed for lunch. One of the only options was Smash Burger so we went there.

I always avoided it as I figured that the burgers wouldn't be that good. I'm not sure why. I guess maybe it was just the gimmicky name. Well, I can say that I was wrong. The burgers were pretty darn good.

I just had a classic burger with french fries and it was very fresh and tasted great. The menu is very simple consisting of only burger and fries and a few salads. The burgers come in two sizes.

My friend also enjoyed his burger. The location couldn't be better as it's just a few blocks up from the beach on Camino del Mar. Just be careful with the parking. I always park near the post office and I wasn't paying attention and parked in one of the "20 minutes only" spaces. I should have paid more attention. I ended up getting a $47 ticket so the burger ended up being pretty expensive. :)

I'll definitely be back here for a burger. The service was great. They had tables both inside and several outside as well.

1  Thank saintba
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very good burgers...nice setting for a burger and a beer. Great flavor.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I enjoyed the hamburger I ordered but found it very salty. I decided to give it another try, this time with my daughter, and we both found our food much too salty. I will not eat here again.
Resident of DM

Reviewed July 28, 2011

You place your order at the counter and they bring out your food- burgers, sweet potato and regular fries, shakes, etc. The burgers have some topping choices. You can sit inside or out and it is less expensive than most of the other nearby restaurants, and the food is good.