Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews finish line breeders cup stretch run bing crosby diamond club betting windows paddock area lots of fun general admission spend an afternoon people watching beautiful horses box seats great place to watch a lot of money reserve a table super fun
Reviewed yesterday

We went for the Sunday Turf Club event, where the general public can access the Turf Club and for $100 get a 4-course meal and unlimited champagne or bloody mary's. This was our 3rd year and we really enjoyed it again. The wait staff are excellent and the sellers of the betting tickets are patient and very nice. What I really want to call out this time, is that we took the train down and half way there I realized I forgot the tickets. They came in the mail about 4 weeks prior and I just wasn't thinking apparently. This was $400 worth of tickets! I was frantic, thinking I had ruined everyone's day. I called the track, doubtful I would get through to anyone on a Sunday, when lo and behold I did, and ultimately was routed to Nancy who said no worries, I will place 4 tickets for your party at the will call window. Outing salvaged! I want to thank Nancy for being gracious and saving our day, I am forever grateful that someone recognized not everyone is dishonest and that people do make stupid mistakes. We will return again next year, and believe me, everyone in our party will ask me 10 times if I have the tickets!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had never been to a race track before and went as part of a company-sponsored outing. Access off the I-5 was tricky—difficult to get in the correct lane. The parking lot is vast, but there are shuttles if you don’t want to walk in. It’s a huge place. Our event was at the Il Palio restaurant on the 6th floor, with a birds-eye view of the track. There were helpful staff to guide us to the right place. The first thing we saw was a buffet so we got in line—big mistake. Unless you are going to eat a lot, it’s not worth the price. It took a lot longer but others who ordered from the menu got the better deal. The betting windows were inside the restaurant so there were short lines, but not much help in learning what to do. After a couple of races, we went downstairs where you can get close to the track and see the horses whiz by. It was an interesting thing to do once for the experience but since we aren’t gamblers or horse people, we won’t be back.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We were on vacation and were looking for something new and found this place. A very fun place to take the family and see the horses run. We got a box, not that expense and had a wonderful day. The staff was nice and we ordered food from our seats. The only down side is the parking attendant took my cell phone charger not good. I spoke to the management but nothing happened. Just take your things out of the car if you valet.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

A fun afternoon watching the races. Enjoyed the food and drink. Races are run about every 30 minutes. We did not know how to bet, got lots of help from info at the track. Did ok overall. Fun way to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

The racetrack is such a fantastic location for the festival. The people in charge did their best to improve traffic given the location. Bomb sniffing dogs at every checkpoint and lots of security helped me feel secure. The location by the ocean is fantastic and I especially loved the sheriff locations set up so people couldn't breach the perimeter by the train tracks. Job well done to those who host it. This was our 2nd year and if it keeps up the way it has been , we will be back!!

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Even if you don't gamble, it's fun watching the horses , eating and drinking. I like going to the restaurant with somebody who is a member.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

If you want to go watch the race back have some fun get a nice sweet and watch it from the top it's a great place to also have just a party

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

It was awesome ice cube did an excellent job. Me and my other half had a great time. Thank you for hosting a concert

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Great way to spend an afternoon. Reserve a table, enjoy the good location close to the finish line, and spend a delightful afternoon watching the horse races. Order lunch, perhaps an adult beverage, nice service , and bet on your favorite horse.. I do not know anything about horse handicapping but had a wonderful time. Easy parking. Highly recommend. Especially if you are new at horse racing. It’s really fun. .

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I have passed the Del Mar Race Track many times on the Freeway but never been to a thoroughbreds horse race. I was delighted, I had a great day. I went during the Summer Racing season, on a Wednesday. On Wednesdays in the summer if you belong to the Diamond Club (free to sign up), you get free admission and open seating on the Stretch Run. I was coming from out of town so I picked up the Coaster train in Oceanside and got off at the Solana Beach train station. The Race Track has double decked buses to take you to the race trace. Very nice free and they drop you off near the entry. Go early and tour the building. Almost all the seating is in the shade so no worries about sitting in the hot sum for extended periods. Before each race the horses are walked around a small track near the stables so you can see the horses up close and personal. I went to the 5th floor deck so I could see the entire track, great views. As a newbie if you want to bet on the horses there is assistance available, I did small bets and came home with 20% more than I wagered. The crowd was older, dress was from very casual to more formal , many groups. Perfect place to have a group social gathering and watch/play the horses.