“Kitchen 1540 food”
Review of KITCHEN 1540

KITCHEN 1540
Reserve with OpenTable
KITCHEN 1540 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cross street: 15th Street
San Francisco, California
“Kitchen 1540 food”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

California cuisine prepared with organic ingredients. Business banquet very good in addition to food served in the restaurant.

Visited March 2012

san diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is not "fine dining"”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. When I think of fine dining, I think of superior service. I took my Mom here for her birthday. When I made the reservation and when they called me to confirm the reservation that day the hostess also confirmed with me that it's a bday and they'd bring a little cake out. After we had dinner there was no cake, nothing.

Overstaffed but still slow service, a sign of poor management. More staff than customers. The food was decent, but for the price I've had much better food they ran out of 2 entrees on the menu. Then when our waiter (Sal) picked up the bill he literally stared at it in front of us (to see the tip) very rude I've never witnessed that before. I called to complain, to a manager who apologized to me, siad she'd call me back and never did.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank katrina r
San Diego, CA
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I dined here recently with business guests, but it was Valentine's Day. We reserved the wine room for our group - it was very nice. The set menu for Valentine's Day was too gimicky (even if I had come here with my husband). Some of the courses were great (like the pork cheeks), but most were just mediocre. The restaurant wasn't that busy, so I can't attribute the average food to a crowd. Additionally, I thought the service was just OK - the waiter was more focused on keeping our wines glasses full then making sure we enjoyed our meal received the right courses. I had been looking forward to trying this place and was not impressed given the cost.

• Visited February 2012
southern california
“Odd. Great atmosphere, "meh" sevice and odd menu.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Over many years La Auberge has failed to have a restaurant that people are compelled to return to. Hard to understand because the locale is lovely but the service has always been high school slacker amateur and 1540 , while good, just has nothing you would want to come back to try again. The whole vibe is just off and it's not specific to this incarnation of the hotel's restaurant. The bar service is icy and the entire place
seems to rely on the hope that you are a tourist never to return. Having lived in Del Mar for years This attitude has always been shame.

• Visited October 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
“Dinner on a Saturday”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Staff was excellent very accommodating. I felt the food was average.

Visited January 2012