“Lovely place ”

Iris Food and Spirits
Ranked #27 of 92 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We're a neighborhood bar and restaurant focused on using local and organic ingredients in our contemporary interpretations of world food, featuring inspired cocktails, local and regional craft beers, and eclectic wines.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Lovely place ”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, great ambience, great food.

Ate shrimp salad in a wrap and pudding of the day in desert.

Excellent. Must visit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Delightful!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After 8 on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was only one third full. We asked for a table by the window which wasn't even set up and it wasn't a problem for them. Service with a smile started then and didn't let up. The menu looked very interesting but the two seafood specials (one was farfale with scallops and the other was red snapper stuffed with crab) won us over. The Kokomo Sauvignon blanc was the perfect complement to both. We had coffee and shared the desert of the day. Total came to $100 and in my opinion that was fair as the entrees were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Spot”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In Del Mar near the coast this place has great varied menu and helpful and knowledgable staff. Try the Brussels Sprouts. Spicy Cajun Catfish is the best.

Visited April 2014
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Modern menu in an Art Deco dining room”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Iris is a lovely place to enjoy a quiet dinner.
The drink menu is very creative and they are perfectly executed and beautiful to look at. The staff is anxious to accommodate and make a good impression.
The menu is a good combination of standards and interesting specials. The art deco accessories in the dining room are enchanting, but the dining room itself looked tired to me. Ready for new carpet and furniture, perhaps. I loved the look of the place from the outside: low horizontal building hugging the corner lot, pretty vegetation clinging to the site.
I brought my kids, and felt a little out of place having done so, but I'd love to go back with a date. Had I gone with other adult friends, I think I would have felt like we were bring too loud.

• Visited February 2014
Glendale, California
“Unique menu choices and excellent bar.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A friend recommended Iris as a popular local eaterie. Even on a Thursday night, the restaurant was full and although it was rainy, both the indoor and outdoor seating areas were busy. My friend ordered the Manhattan and was so delighted with the combination of ingredients, that she wrote them on her napkin to take home. Apparently the brand of bourbon and the type of bitters made it the best Manhattan she had ever tasted! There was also a nice choice of wines by the glass. She ordered the cassoulet and I had the beef ribs stew. She thoroughly
enjoyed her meal, but mine was a bit sweet for a dinner entree. Both servings were so large, we were able to take half home for lothers to enjoy. I do have to comment on the service. Our server was very pleasant, but she would leave us unattended for long periods at a time. We had to ask both the host and the bus boy to call her for us. They may have been under-staffed.

• Visited February 2014