“Consistently Good!”
Review of Del Mar Rendezvous

Del Mar Rendezvous
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Mar Rendezvous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Del Mar
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paseo de las Flores
Description: From the creator of the famous Dumpling Inn on Convoy Street, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high-end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business
San Diego, California
“Consistently Good!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We've been eating here regularly since the restaurant opened. We have our "favorites" and they are always good. The Konnyaku Noodles are excellent as are the Eggplant and Tofu in a clay pot and Steak Shangr-ila.

We love the 1/2 price wine nights and that you can purchase "wine to go" at half off at any time. Surprisingly good wine list and very fairly priced.

Also appreciate their sensitivity with Gluten Free and Vegetarian menus - makes it easy to dine here with friends and know they will be comfortable.

• Visited March 2014

Carlsbad, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This use to one of my favorite restaurants. It use to be that whatever we ordered was great. Portions were never that big but the taste always made up for that. This time the food had gone down hill. Was very disappointed with everything. I will go back again but if disappointed again then I will never go back.

Visited February 2014
Del Mar, California
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have had takeout from Rendezvous which was good but not exceptional. However, we decided to dine in for dinner and the takeout does not do it justice. The place is busy, so we made reservations, and it has nice ambience. We sat outside, which was very warm under the many heaters - good for february. The menu was extensive and unique, but not too overwhelming, and the dumplings were amazing! Service was great. We have been to many places in Del Mar, which can be pricey for what you get. This was great value, the food is fantastic, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
St. Helena, California
“Everything was great.”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I walked by the Rendezvous during the day, & spoke to the person at the podium who showed me the menu & wine list. He was very friendly & helpful. I ate there a couple of nights later & everything was perfect. My server, Anton, was spot on - did his job very well & with a smile. The food was very good, and matched perfectly with the wine I chose. The wine list is excellent, fairly priced & they have one day mid week where all wines are half off, which is smart, because I went that night, early, & it was packed. I will definitely go back there if I am anywhere close to Del Mar.

• Visited February 2014
San Diego, CA
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I are frequent customers at the Rendezvous and we love their food and service. A reservation is highly recommended on weekends and in the summer time, because the venue is rather small and it can get busy. We started going to the Rendezvous since it's opening and while the ownership has changed (and prices are a bit higher), it is still an excellent restaurant with great food and service. I especially love the Walnut Shrimp and my husband is very fond of the Black Pepper Tenderloin and the Mongolian Steaks. The Vegetable Dumplings are fabulous as well. We are members of their Loyalty Program so we always get a free entree on birthdays and our anniversary. If you find parking in the ever so crowded Del Mar Plaza lot, you can get your ticket validated, so parking is free. The Rendezvous always offers a wonderful dining experience!

• Visited December 2013