“Health Risk”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar, Brew Pub
San Diego, California
“Health Risk”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm a big fan of Oggi's as a chain but this location has a serious public health problem that needs addressing. Over the past 2 months I've been there 4 times to pick up food and on each occasion, the place reeks of sewer (methane). Since the restaurant management seemed unmotivated to do anything about it, I reported it to the County Public Health Department but also wanted to warn future diners. Guess I'm old-fashioned but when I walk into a restaurant I expect it to smell like food!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carolyn H
SDJanisD, Owner at Oggi's Sports | Brewhouse | Pizza - Del Mar, responded to this review, April 18, 2016
Carolyn,
Now being responsible for this forum I never saw your post back from 2013. However it was disturbing enough that I wanted to respond to it. To give you some history, hating this odor as much as you do, we worked diligently with our landlord to find even the smallest things to implement that could mitigate any odor. During the process what we discovered is that the smell is not coming from our restaurant but that the Carmel Valley area has had a problem with this odor for years and that it seems to come and go. We had our restaurant tested by an independent company, who had nothing to gain but to sell us a service if we tested positive. We tested negative! No need for you to 'report us' because, the Health Department visits all restaurants, unannounced, quarterly, and we have always received A's. We have never received any score other than an A. For you to claim that 'we have a serious public health problem' was not only unfair, but false. We realize that from time to time the smell in the entire area, is annoying and effects many businesses and homes. However we can assure you that it is not emanating from our location, nor does it in any way effect our food safety or cleanliness. We believe, because the smell has declined, that possible the city may have made some adjustments unbeknownst to us! We wish that you had spoken to our manager about this during your visit, to gather some details and facts prior to your post! We are always happy to talk with guests about their concerns when they are in the restaurant so they can be resolved, so please seek out a manager if you return, which we hope you do! Remember that we do DELIVER our ENTIRE MENU if you prefer to dine at home! We do get alot of good reviews on our food so we hope you give us another chance! Thanks again for your feedback

Leicestershire, UK
“what's in the pizza?”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I will reasonably often get a take-out pizza from Oggi's. But lately I've noticed a bad tummy afterwards. I don't remember this always being the case but it is enough to stop me from ordering quite as readily again.

The pizza itself is tasty enough but I find it to be overpriced.

The beer available in the restaurant is very good but I didn't like the sports bar ambiance.

• Visited January 2013
Fresno, California, United States
“Delivered a great pie!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were staying at Homewood Suites and the teens wanted pepperoni. Hotel staff recommended Oggi's. Great advice. Delivered right to our door. 2 night later the kids said... 'Let's get another pie from Oggi's!'

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Just Okay”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We ordered a salad and a pizza. The salad was decent, and I liked that you could get goat cheese. However, the pizza was really doughy and nothing special - just okay.

Visited June 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great pizza choices, love their Chopped Salad. Great Family resturant.

Visited May 2012