“Good Value in Davis”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA
“Good Value in Davis”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Best value in Davis at government rates. Decent place. Could use more aggressive facility maintenance, but rooms are clean, thus the 3 instead of 4 star rating. Not bad value for the $. I will stay here gain when in Davis on business. As far as I can tell, you'll have to pay a lot more to get a better hotel in Davis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Local93921

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location is excellent. Its a very short distance away from downtown Davis so parking isn't a major issue. There are restaurants in walking distance. The manager is a friendly guy he made me feel welcome and my "Special Request" was honored. So they do take into consideration your needs.
The beds are so comfortable along with the fluffy pillows. You have a hot tasty breakfast in the mornings and you also have the convenience of a microwave and mini fridge. I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Any room you choose should be good and comfortable
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The desk clerk was very nice on check in and this hotel is located on a quiet street less than 5 minutes from UC Davis/downtown so it's very convenient for visiting parents. It is also relatively quiet, which is something I appreciate. The ammenities--fridge, microwave, sink, sofa, etc-- are also nice to have.

But there is a drawback and, for me, it is a major one: the internet wifi is abysmally slow (waiting 3-5 minutes for a page to load, timing out, etc.) I eventually gave up.

If having a good internet connection is important to you, you might want to shop around some more. I travel frequently, and I've also stayed in other hotels in Davis, but this is by far the slowest public wifi I have used (maybe it's just this night or just my room?). So, Because of this, the other conveniences of staying here are not enough to make up for the inconvenience of slow wifi service and I need to look elsewhere for my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LisElleW
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good price. Comfortable beds. I am a poor sleeper and these beds were quite comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. We had a special needs family member that needed oxygen delivery and the staff was competent and helpful. Complementary breakfast is nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Uchaud, France
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Sited close to the freeway, this was a great place to stay. Also, close to the centre of town to enjoy the restaurants and delights of the "village". The rooms were comfortable, very quite and basic. I was disappointed to see styrofoam coffee mugs in the rooms, it didn't say much for value, but it was a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Davis for two nights in mid July while my daughter was attending Freshman orientation at UC Davis. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. For some reason, I was given the handicap room (this happens to me all the time) and there was no tub, but a big shower instead. I thought this would be a problem - water would get all over the bathroom while you shower, but it ended up not being the case. The service was great, with one slight exception - on one of my stay-over days, housekeeping did not clean my room. I had to call the front desk, at which time they indicated that my "do not disturb" sign was on the door all day and that's why they didn't clean. I told them that this was not the case - I had removed it before I went to the pool at about 12:15pm. They apologized and immediately sent someone to clean. The breakfast was as expected, with the service being great. The woman replenishing the food handled about a zillion ill mannered soccer youths with finesse.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We wanted quiet, we got it. We wanted a good bed, we got it. We wanted a refrigerator and we got it. Free parking, good location. So why only three stars?
For the past 3 days we have stayed ad "lesser or equal rate" hotels and all have had REAL coffee mugs instead of paper and REAL glasses instead of plastic.
An chain as good as this one should step up and do the same. Also get coffee makers that make a pot (2 cups) not the silly little single cup. These rooms are for two, lets get coffee makers for two as well!
Breakfast had cold cereals, hot waffle maker, yogurts and hot sausage patties and "eggs"

Room Tip: Ask for high and in the back if you want a quiet night with no parking lot lights.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple