Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$109
Hyatt Place UC Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$129
AscendHotels
$62
Motel 6
  • Pool
Best Western University Lodge(Davis)(Great Value!)
$123
$120
$84
Hallmark Inn at UC Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
$99
$96
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Palm Court Hotel(Davis)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom was cleanworked greatcinnamon rollsparking lotdel tacofree breakfastwithin walking distancecomfortable staythe breakfast areawe've stayedone night staydowntown areahieihoplaundryvioletfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for my cousins wedding and rehearsal dinner. The hotel itself is a little outdated but very clean and well maintained. Breakfast buffet was very fresh and clean, considering it was free with my room I can't complain too much. The rooms were fine, nothing special. The best part of our stay and the reason for me writing this review was the extent that the staff did to please us and make our stay less stressful. The front desk clerk hauled all of our heavy trashbags full of bottles to the dumpster for us after our rehearsal dinner and cleaned all our tables, gave us detailed and quick directions, remade all of our keys very quickly and efficiently when we misplaced them in the car and most of all she was personable and well spoken. Would return again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Room was large and mainly clean, but gloomy; bathroom was a little shabby and dated. Very comfortable beds. The hotel not located close to downtown, so is not really convenient for restaurants etc. without driving. It is close to the road & railway and there is some noise. Self-service breakfast is not great - reasonable choice but not great quality and disposable plates & cutlery?!. A choice of coffee but all terrible - brown water. Staff were friendly & helpful, but location lets it down. Would not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My room was clean and well furnished. The breakfast was unexpectedly good.

The staff was very helpful. The next morning, the battery on my rental car died. The staff went out of their way to locate jumper cables and then help with a jump.

I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice facilities. Rooms are large, clean, and very up to date. HOWEVER, do not let them book you into rooms #101 or #102. These two rooms sit next to rooms with air conditioning and water treatment equipment which produces a VERY LOUD
humming noise that goes on all night long. Did not hear this noise during the day. Asked to be moved......they put us across the hall where we had the same problem the next night. By then, the hotel was booked and we had no choice of any other rooms. Would stay there again, but definitely request not to be put into those two rooms.....you won't get much sleep!

Room Tip: DON'T accept rooms #101 and #102. Extremely noisy all night long!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WangoPlacentia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Davis on business at the beginning of April (2013), and needed a place to stay for one night not too far away from the university. I chose the Comfort Suites, and am glad I did. As other commenters have observed, the rooms are big and clean and well-appointed; the breakfast was certainly better than most complimentary offerings at similar hotels; and the staff (in this case, a young lady named Pang who seemed to know everything) was helpful and friendly.
My business, as I suggested, was on campus, and I looked into staying in an on-campus hotel. I picked the Comfort Suites instead because noise is my biggest issue, and I had read reviews saying that the on-campus hotels were too noisy. I had no problem at the Comfort Suites--while making the reservation, I asked to be on the quiet (back) side of the hotel, and on the highest floor (third).
The long and the short of it was that it I had a pleasant stay there. The rate was something like $130/night, which I don't consider cheap, but it was worth it. If I get to go back to Davis (which I hadn't known to be such a lovely town), I'll certainly stay at the Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business