Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My room was clean and well furnished. The breakfast was unexpectedly good.

The staff was very helpful. The next morning, the battery on my rental car died. The staff went out of their way to locate jumper cables and then help with a jump.

I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Placentia, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice facilities. Rooms are large, clean, and very up to date. HOWEVER, do not let them book you into rooms #101 or #102. These two rooms sit next to rooms with air conditioning and water treatment equipment which produces a VERY LOUD
humming noise that goes on all night long. Did not hear this noise during the day. Asked to be moved......they put us across the hall where we had the same problem the next night. By then, the hotel was booked and we had no choice of any other rooms. Would stay there again, but definitely request not to be put into those two rooms.....you won't get much sleep!

Room Tip: DON'T accept rooms #101 and #102. Extremely noisy all night long!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WangoPlacentia
South Pacific
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Davis on business at the beginning of April (2013), and needed a place to stay for one night not too far away from the university. I chose the Comfort Suites, and am glad I did. As other commenters have observed, the rooms are big and clean and well-appointed; the breakfast was certainly better than most complimentary offerings at similar hotels; and the staff (in this case, a young lady named Pang who seemed to know everything) was helpful and friendly.
My business, as I suggested, was on campus, and I looked into staying in an on-campus hotel. I picked the Comfort Suites instead because noise is my biggest issue, and I had read reviews saying that the on-campus hotels were too noisy. I had no problem at the Comfort Suites--while making the reservation, I asked to be on the quiet (back) side of the hotel, and on the highest floor (third).
The long and the short of it was that it I had a pleasant stay there. The rate was something like $130/night, which I don't consider cheap, but it was worth it. If I get to go back to Davis (which I hadn't known to be such a lovely town), I'll certainly stay at the Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cambria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here during the annual sculpture show in April. Location was great, rooms were clean, staff was nice. After arriving, we asked the desk clerk about walking to downtown. She was super nice, gave us a map, pointed out possible sights to see, restaurants we might like, etc. Breakfast was better than a lot of complimentary breakfasts in hotels. Internet was adequate and no extra charge. Parking also was plentiful and no extra charge. We were pleased with the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor... quiet. :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in February for a business trip at my company's site literally across the street. Could not beat the location-- very close to the interstate. Downtown Davis is a short 5 minute drive away. Service was good, rooms were large and clean.

My only complaint was that the ceiling doesn't seem to have any noise dampening at all. Every step taken in the room above mine sounded like they were crashing through the floor. Coming from the east coast and being jet lagged, it was tough getting to sleep the first night at 9:00 when the people above me were still awake.

Overall this is a nice property and incredibly convenient. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Newbury Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was unbelievably comfortable. Everything was very clean. The bathroom counter was spacious, the lighting was bright, the hot water was hot when you needed it, the hairdryer had three different settings and it worked well.The breakfast was all that it should be. Several flavors of yogurt, several types of bread, bagels, a good selection of fresh fruit each morning, Fresh moist scrambled eggs and good breakfast sausage. Good hot coffee that did not taste watered-down as many of these hotels do.

We frequent the Choice Privileges chain and this is definitely one of their better-maintained hotels.

• Stayed February 2013
Redding, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I hop, applebies across the street. We were here for a birthday party at senior hall on a st and only a mile away. Rooms were comfortable and very roomy. Went with our 2 children. Comfortable queen beds with a sofa that is also a hide a bed. Room had flat screen, fridge, microwave. Great continental breakfast: sausage, eggs, waffles, bagel, yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit, boiled eggs, etc. We had breakfast at 9:30 and they still had fresh food and kept everything filled. Only downside parking spots are small. We have 2012 SUV and were a little worried about someone hitting us with a door. A few kids hockey teams were there, but rooms were quiet. Could not hear any noise.

• Stayed October 2012