Hallmark Inn at UC Davis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Place UC Davis(Davis)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewshappy hourmovie theateramtrak stationtrain noiseevening receptionperfect locationfree glass of winegreat visitfree breakfastunderground parkingheart of downtowndirectly across the streetfriendly hotelwithin walking distancemain buildingrailroad trackswe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This is not the first time I have stayed at the Hallmark Inn. I travel frequently to Davis on business. I truly love the convenience and the amenities that the Hotel has to offer. Every morning I enjoy their Omelets and Waffles, i probably should stick to healthier choices like their fresh fruit and their Old Fashion omelets:) Great Location, next to numerous restaurants including my favorite Seasons. Also this last time I used a bicycle that was complimentary, it was fun riding to the Farmers Market. All in all another great stay and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kitkat1119
HallmarkInn, General Manager at Hallmark Inn at UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

On behalf of the staff of the Hallmark Inn, Davis, "Thank You" for taking the time to share your comments regarding the amenities you like about the hotel. The Bicycles have received such a great response that we are considering expanding the fleet. We look forward to your next visit to the Hallmark Inn, Davis.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Loved the central and quiet location, healthy options in free breakfast and leather chair and ottoman and good lighting for in room reading. Daniel booked us a lovely room w/balcony for our 26th anniversary trip last week. The wonderful staff sent us the checkbook we left behind to our home. Top marks to all!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
HallmarkInn, Manager at Hallmark Inn at UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

On behalf of the staff of the Hallmark Inn, Davis, I "Thank You" for taking the time to share your experience. We all take a great deal of pride in our individual efforts to make the hotel a place that you are comfortable, enjoy and want to return to. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

The Hallmark Inn has been our second home for the past 4 years while we visited our daughter at UC Davis. Each visit has been like staying with family, because the staff makes us feel exceptionally welcome, and the accomodations are great. We are always greeted by smiling faces upon our arrival and receive the best assistance at all times. The room is spotless, the breakfast is wonderul, and the location is amazing. Thank you for making our trips so pleasureable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
HallmarkInn, General Manager at Hallmark Inn at UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

On behalf of the entire team at the Hallmark Inn, Davis, "Thank You" for taking the time to share your experience. It is a wonderful feeling to know that we have achieved our goal in making you feel like a member of our family during your stays with us. Congratulations on your daughters accomplishments. We wish you and your family all the best.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

A good value. I stay at this hotel when I visit my son who attends UC Davis. Free parking, full breakfast included in price, nightly complementary Manager's cocktail hour with full bar. Comfy beds with nice linens. Across the street from train station if that matters to you. Open free parking. Staff is polite, respectful and well trained. Cruiser bicycles with baskets available for use. Good location that is central to downtown Davis, easy walking town. Free computer to use in the lobby. Print your boarding pass or anything else. I paid $125 per night last month. Hotel does sell out, so book early. Coffee maker & coffee provided in room.

A few things need improvement - In the breakfast area downstairs, a ventilation hood is needed where the nice man is preparing your omelet. I don't know if it is the transfat fry oil or what, but my clothes and hair always have a cloying lingering aroma after I have been in that room. The aroma is strong. They have installed an air filter machine nearby, but it's not cutting it. Also, the shower curtain in my room was a little gross. I guess all shower curtains are gross, but this one was made of heavy duty plastic, not very flexible, kind of cumbersome and touching me while I was in the shower. Get new shower curtains or put in shower enclosures.

It's a nice place. I've stayed their twice and I'll be back. You can walk to Davis campus from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TanCalifornian

On behalf of the staff of the Hallmark Inn, Davis, "Thank You" for taking the time to share your comments regarding the amenities you like about the hotel and the things you would like us to improve on. We have installed another ionizer in the breakfast area and we are looking into alternative options for the shower curtains. We look forward to your next visit to Davis.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

A great hotel with a fantastic staff. Free bike rentals, free happy hour, free breakfast, clean, nice rooms and free wifi. Easy to get to and easy to park and walk to shops, campus, restuarants, and fun. Marisa, the general manager, Daniel, the concierge/desk person and Rogelio, the bartender, all make the hotel a superb place to stay in Davis.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo

On behalf of all the team here at the Hallmark Inn, Davis, "Thank You" for taking the time to share your comments. It is truly our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit to Davis. Sincerely