“Somewhat dissappointed”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Menlo Park, California, Usa
“Somewhat dissappointed”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've stayed here before with better results. This trip our rug in our room was filthy and on day 3 we had no hot water. The staff was not particularly helpful or concerned. I had to suggest the ultimate solution which was to change rooms on the final day. When we did get to the 2nd room, there were no pillow cases.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Brad A
DaysInnUCDavis, General Manager at Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Brad A

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are very disappointed in ourselves that we did not manage to keep the standard of our service on your last visit. However, we thank you for coming back to us and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you better on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Davis, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed two nights at the Days Inn in Davis due to home remodel. It was close to my house and the other option was Motel 6 as I wanted to be within walking distance of the house.

The price was good. I did not expect the room to be as spacious as it was. I did not have any complaints due to noise or other guests. I was on the 2nd floor. Again the room was quite large with a comfortable bed. The room I was in was not the most modern but you can't beat the price. Bathroom was good sized as well. I don't enjoy baths - much less in a hotel so I was pleasantly surprised that there was just a shower. However, the shower curtain did not close very well and water managed to leak all over the floor.

The pool seemed nice - it just happened to be too cold to use due to unseasonably cold weather in early April. They offer free breakfast however the selection is not that great and I didn't have any.

Did appreciate the free wifi in the room.

The hotel is better value than Motel 6. I wouldn't have any problem staying there again. It is not a 4 or 5 star place but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
San Carlos, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I could have forgiven the dated property but there was a "convention" with teenagers that ran up and down the halls, yelling and slamming doors well after 11:00pm. I told them to be quiet and they gave me attitude. I called the front desk and they couldn't do anything about it (they said they would call those rooms). I asked for the second night to be comped; I am waiting to hear.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Davis hotels