“For the price this hotel is adequate. No elevators to...”

Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Reviewed August 16, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Okay, when it's 115 outside why would you turn off the air conditioning in the hall ways? My room would never cool off, I slept terrible. I've stayed in the same room 2 different years. Both times one window had no screen really? And the worst this time is that my daughter was eaten by fleas in her bed. Who brings their dog and lets them sleep on the bed. And why would you not wash all the bedding. Okay, after 4 stays won't be going back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was visiting UC Davis for the first time and I needed a place to stay for 5 nights. I did some research online and called a few hotels. Days Inn UC Davis gave me a good price and I was a little doubtful if the hotel would be good or not. When I entered I saw they really had a lot of parking which was a really good sign because I was worried about my rented car (I was able to park it very close to my room, they have 3 buildings). My check in was fast and nice. They gave me a room downstairs. I liked my room, it had hardwood floor and spacious. It was very welcoming. Quite and cozy. I had some online work to finish and I could hook my laptop to the internet easily. I got a wake-up call as per my request at 7 and the breakfast was good. All 5 nights stay was comfortable. Clean, quite and friendly staff. Will certainly stay at this hotel on my next visit to Davis.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs room if you like Hardwood floors. You can use the fitness center for free.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lily K
Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked this thinking the laminate floors would be less dusty. Not true. I wiped up the floors and the cloths were black when done. Floors were not vacuumed for the entire time we were there. There is no sheet rock between our ceiling and floor above so neighbors sounded like they were in the room with you. Not good, because they were coughing and sneezing from the dusty, dirty room. Cleaning help short staffed as rooms most days not made up till after 4. Not much they did in our room except replace towells and empty trash, 3 out or 7 days, did not touch bed. We had straightened sheets. Could not sleep with comforter, as it was really scary!! (dusty, dirty)

Breakfast bar not manned, so yogurt and apples were gone after 7:45 ,5 out of 7 days.

Location good. People at desk friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent the night here for a soccer tournament down the street. Nice rooms, clean. The pool was nice, but no hot tub. Location is perfect for soccer families - just 1 mile from fields and 1/4 mile from grocery store and Starbucks and gas. Downtown Davis not far for entertainment. The missing element was the "Free Continental Breakfast" that is offered. When i went down at 9 am, I found the breakfast room completely torn down and wiped clean. Come on! People in hotels are on vacation! They want to sleep in a little, they are packing to leave or getting dressed to go out. Breakfast should be served until 10 am. This was a big disappointment to our family - paying for breakfast and we couldn't even get coffee!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis
Days Inn Woodland
Days Inn Woodland
#6 of 12 in Woodland
University Park Inn and Suites

Been to Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis? Share your experiences!