“Besides the food, the service and the music it can be a nice place to sit on a warm evening.”
Review of Bistro 33 Davis

Bistro 33 Davis
Ranked #37 of 203 Restaurants in Davis
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Why did I go back? We recently dined on a warm evening and I immediately questioned our choice. My daughter said "It looks like the early bird dinner crowd". A lot of white haired patrons, noticeable in a college town. The food is heavy on the fried, brew pub style. They served tater tots with my sandwich! A grown up Vietnamese sandwich. My husbands french dip sandwich looked very Denny's. My mango mojito which the waitress said had fresh mango, was clearly some weird syrup. My daughter's fish and chips was very dry inside and had overcooked inedible potato crosshatch chips - yuk! The food is not good and basic roadside diner at best with prices and descriptions that just don't reflect the quality. Go to Cafe Bernardos - the food is better.

There are newer reviews for Bistro 33 Davis

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The outdoor heaters ad fire pits and fountains, the outrageous food and spacious outdoor seating. My only complaint? Poorly made drinks. I've never had such a bad Old Fashioned and the bar too forever and ever and ever. But this is well worth a visit for a date, with friends, or while visiting Davis. I adored this place.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Located in the heart of downtown Davis, Bistro 33 is a Davis restaurant not overrun with college students. Most of the clientele are successful professionals who enjoy dining with friends or couples enjoying an evening of conversation and good food. The restaurant includes a large outdoor dining patio, which has infra-red heaters for colder evenings and umbrellas to shade daytime diners from the hot sun. The Bistro 33 menu includes numerous delicious items. My wife and I usually order cups of the tomato-basil soup and then we share a Caesar salad and split a Puget Sound crab-and-cheese panini. Always delicious! The young staff are very professional and can help guide your dining or choice of wine decisions. There is also a busy interior bar with numerous overhead television screens, as well as a "tavern-style" sports bar which attracts a younger, more boisterous crowd.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

On a warm evening in Davis this is the place to be. The service is slow, but the Bistro 33 patio is no place to rush from. I had the Pesto Chicken Pizza. I was very disappointed. My wife had the Oregon Blue Cheese dinner salad and was very pleased. Take home message, the food may not be the draw here, but the setting can't be beat.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were in Davis on a Tuesday for an appointment at UC-Davis. After the appointment we were given a list of restaurants and cafes; my first selection did not appeal to us because we were looking for an inviting outdoor dining area (perfect temperature for an alfresco lunch). My second choice was Bistro 33 and what a good choice this was! The outdoor ambiance was perfect for visiting, gazing, reading a bit (although I did not read) and dining. The environment, alone, prompted us to relax. In addition, the food was delicious; I had a scrumptious paninni.

And the service was excellent -- the woman who took care of us knew exactly what to do and when to do it. She was perfect; made sure we were comfortable/pleased with everything and accomplished this in a completely unaffected way. We appreciated this. Her service was extraordinary.