“A perfect place to spend a lazy evening in Davis”
Review of Bistro 33 Davis

Bistro 33 Davis
Ranked #37 of 203 Restaurants in Davis
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Reviewed March 26, 2013

On a warm evening in Davis this is the place to be. The service is slow, but the Bistro 33 patio is no place to rush from. I had the Pesto Chicken Pizza. I was very disappointed. My wife had the Oregon Blue Cheese dinner salad and was very pleased. Take home message, the food may not be the draw here, but the setting can't be beat.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were in Davis on a Tuesday for an appointment at UC-Davis. After the appointment we were given a list of restaurants and cafes; my first selection did not appeal to us because we were looking for an inviting outdoor dining area (perfect temperature for an alfresco lunch). My second choice was Bistro 33 and what a good choice this was! The outdoor ambiance was perfect for visiting, gazing, reading a bit (although I did not read) and dining. The environment, alone, prompted us to relax. In addition, the food was delicious; I had a scrumptious paninni.

And the service was excellent -- the woman who took care of us knew exactly what to do and when to do it. She was perfect; made sure we were comfortable/pleased with everything and accomplished this in a completely unaffected way. We appreciated this. Her service was extraordinary.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is where the beautiful people go -- nowhere else like it in Davis, to see & be seen. In the former City Hall, then Police Station. Most food is excellent, some is average. Good service.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've eaten at Bistro 33 twice, with a friend who just loves the Mediterranean salad. The two entrees I've had were really mediocre--especially the ham and cheese sandwich, which was a terrible value for the inflated price.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Bistro has so much potential. The best location and patio in town. So great.

The food is good, just good. The menu looks great, so if they could just deliver on how awesome everything sounds, that would be fabulous. But don't count on it. This place needs new management.

The service. Well it is embarrassing. And it makes me mad every time we go. Mad that I decided to come back and made that they are so rude. At Bistro there are always two or three bartenders behind the bar. They are not friendly. Ever. They don't say hello or goodbye or thank you. They are busy talking. They are jerks and their parents should be ashamed.

Imagine this... the hostess is nice (normally). Once you are seated, you will sit at your table for at least 10-15 minutes (minimum wait) before anyone says anything to you again. No waiter, no water, no bartender. Normally you have to ask one of the bartenders to take your drink order and once they can break themselves away from the conversation with the other bartender, they look down at you and ask what you would like. I am not exaggerating. They can't be bothered. Very annoying.

The waiters are ok, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Consider yourself lucky if you get a good server, cause that is a treat. And they you want to tip that special server extra because the service is noticeably better... please don't... remember they just doing their job.

Davis has too many other choices. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID