“PEPPER-SPRAY UNIVERSITY---Congestion? Who needs Vicks when youve got Campus Police?”

Davis Campus of the University of California
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Davis
Type: Other
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Like watching the sardines swim at Pier 39 SF? That's Davis with bikes. I was late for a master's appointment, I was on campus for 15 minutes when my bike hit a rut and I fell down!!! EVERYONE APPLAUDED---mine was the best accident they saw today!!! I was wearing my helmet and my head smacked the pavement HARD!!! UCD is a World Class learning center---too bad you can't say the same about the chancellor and UCD Campus Police

All reviews
"memorial union"
"great college town"
"early days"
in 2 reviews
"bring your walking shoes"
"creek running"
"bike riding"
"easy access"
"concert hall"
"long walk"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Beautiful campus and very hip Friendly people eco conscious very interesting place to visit

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Beautiful campus, spread out. Lots of new buildings and trees

Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is my family school. I have four cousins, a distant cousin and a brother that went to this school so I was curious what this school is like. So I came here on July 4th weekend and my little cousin was the tour guide.

Can I just mention how hot it was here! Compared to the weather in San Jose...it was burning here! I got a huge shorts tan afar this trip!

But the school was huge! Most of the buildings were closed except the memorial union which was the entertainment building =)

We also went on an egghead hunt to find 7 huge egg shaped head statues that is located all over the campus. Overall this place is a vision to see. The largest campus in California is it is quite a walk and there are bikes everywhere. Too bad I came on a day where there was no one there so I couldn't see the entire college campus experience.

For the entire campus review, pictures and videos, please check out my blog!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Imagine a 60.000 inhabitant town - and 30.000 of them being students! The UC Davis Campus is an amazing campus in a nice neighbourhood - within the San Francisco bay area.

The Campus takes up almost a third of the town and is worth exploring even if you're not a student. Nice buildings, artwork in free spaces and even an own park - the Arboretum.

It also houses the incredible "Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the performing arts - an opera-house like concert hall with world-ranking orchestras and performances on a regular basis.
Right next to it is the RMI - home of the best Viticulture and Enology program in the US (and one of the best worldwide).

The new LEED Platinum winery sets new standards not only in the industry by being outmost sustainable - energy-positive, water-use up to 12 cycles from rainwater collected on the roof, completely carbon-dioxide neutral - and a great research center.

All that in the agreeable Central Valley climate - sounds like a place to be.

Davis also is the "bike capital" and one of the most educated cities of the US - taking all this into account, this is the American version of the German University town Münster.

4  Thank ConHei