Tripadvisor
Davis
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2019

I don’t expect much when I book a hotel for $55 but the least you can do is give me a clean room. The first room I checked into had a massive stain on the bed. It couldn’t be missed which means the employees just don’t care. The girl at the front was lovely and offered to switch my room since she didn’t have any blankets handy to replace the stained one. Totally fine again not expecting much here. The room I was moved to had muddy paw prints all over the back of the door in the bathroom and hair in the shower.

Next time I will shell out the extra cash somewhere else to make sure I get a clean room. The only reason I am giving two stars is the front desk agent was fantastic. She was friendly, helpful and was sincerely sorry about the blanket.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Davis - Sacramento Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Shelby,

On behalf of Motel 6, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred while our guest as this is not our standard. We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking time to review your experience.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed September 25, 2019 via mobile

An inexpensive hotel out of Campus. This hotel is a little tired and could do with new linen and a paint. Our non-smoking rooms reeked with smoke and needed a good clean. The staff were lovely though seemed a little worn out :(

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We flew into Sacramento late at night and wanted a clean, inexpensive place to stay overnight before heading to Napa. We were only going to be in a room for 8 hours and we didn't need any amenities (breakfast, coffee in room, etc). I was skeptical about booking at a budget motel because sometimes they draw a sketchy crowd, but I didn't want to break the bank. I read the reviews and they were mostly positive about the cleanliness of the rooms and the value for the price. And for us, wood or laminate flooring in a motel/hotel is a huge plus because you know they are cleaner than carpet, which holds so much. So, I booked 2 rooms for our family. We arrived around 11pm and the front desk clerk was so friendly and accommodating. At my request, he took the time to find 2 rooms next to each other. Our rooms were simple and clean. The bathroom was clean as well. Everything was up to date - not rundown and old. We were pleasantly surprised. We got great value for the budget price.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Such a good and safe area to stay in. Very covenant. Starbucks, convenience store and several restaurants near by. If your staying in Sacramento this hotel offers a very close entrance to the highway. The staff that checked us in was very helpful. Although this is still a motel 6 and definitely not the Ritz, it is nicer than the majority I have stayed at and you cant beat the location.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this motel. Got an email for my opinion. Got confronted by manager saying to not do online reviews. Reported to motel 6. They did nothing. Room was clean but horribly maintained.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Davis - Sacramento Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Jay, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.