“INEXPENSIVE BASIC CLEAN PLACE TO SLEEP” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Davis - Sacramento Area

Motel 6 Davis - Sacramento Area
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Lake Hughes, California
“INEXPENSIVE BASIC CLEAN PLACE TO SLEEP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Check in is a breeze, friendly people, Clean sheets and towels, Bed was good, New stall showers
No extras bring your own hairdryer and shampoo
If you are looking for a clean place to sleep and not looking for all the little addons This is for you.
Good location, close to everything.
Pool
Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dazzll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night here, with my wife having throat pains. At arrival, we just went to the room at the second floor, with standard amenities, but clean and very nice separate Queens.
The next morning, my wife still didn't feel well and needed a doctor, despite this being our longest travel day, but what can you do? So the lady at the front desk and a guest helped us to find a clinic in town (which is bigger than it looks) and within an hour and a half after checking out, she was helped and served at the CVS pharmacy as well! Actually we needed Target for even cheaper medication, but at that moment, we couldn't care less.
So a big thanks for that, as the hospital next door would be much more expensive.

The only downside of Motel 6 is the non free wifi. But then again, if you can sleep for 45 bucks and get darn fast wifi for three bucks, one shouldn't complain.

I will definitely recommend this Motel to others!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank TornadoJay
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had not been to a Motel 6 for at least 20 years and it would normally not have been our choice. However, it was the only place to stay in the area we wanted that was not booked, as we came by Shuttle from the airport (sans car). It turned out quite nice. We took a room next to the pool, unheated, but ok later in the day. The room was clean, quiet and adequate. Bed was good. Twice we had family over and sat around the tables and chairs in the pool area in the shade. Of course the prices were excellent. Bring your own shampoo and hairdryer. The Thai and American (burgers etc) Cindy's next door was good. Also, a couple fast food places a very short walk away.

Room Tip: The place was very near the freeway, but it was still quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank billpg
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

stained carpet,noisy air conditioner from office sounds like an ark welder.internet even in the room right next to office extremly slow.watch out for speed bound in front must have clearnce or will bottom out.the motel has Mcdonalds,burger king,subway,taco bell walking distance.city bus stops right at the motel,amtrak & greyhound stop in town,hertz,budget,avis at next exit west.i can't stand their small showers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank christopherg994
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I chose Motel 6 in Davis during a visit to UC Davis, Veterinary Medical Teaching College with my dog. I live in Reno & UC Davis (past Sacramento) is approximately a 3 hour drive one way. My Golden Retriever was referred to UC Davis to see an ophthalmologist on a Monday. A CT Scan was scheduled & I needed to drop off my pet the next afternoon. I called several pet friendly motels listed with UC Davis. Three hotels were in the $70 per night range & charged either $15 or $20 extra for a pet. Motel 6, with a discount (AARP) quoted around $41 per night, no charge for pets. There is a charge for wifi of $2.99 per 24 hours.
If you are looking for amenities, this is not your motel. I’ve had more amenities on a cattle drive but the motel was well suited for my needs! The room and bathroom were very clean, no complaints. The room was average, one queen bed (my choice), TV, phone, shower stall in bathroom, four plastic cups & ice bucket, no hair dryer, no Kleenex, no alarm clock. There is coffee in the lobby in the morning, no breakfast. There is also a pool & the surrounding area of the pool appeared to be clean.
The desk clerk on afternoon duty was extremely pleasant and helpful & everyone I met was very nice to both me & my dog. The clerk even suggested a more quiet room away from the interstate (which is in back of the motel). The desk clerk also recommended a park where I could take my dog (its location is next to an elementary school and a nice housing development) less than half a mile away where I could walk my dog. I took my dog there that afternoon & the next morning. The park has an area where dogs are allowed off leash. There is also a dog park a couple miles away but I do not do dog parks. At night, I walked my dog around the motel—not charming, just some bushes lining the curbs around the parking light but the area was lighted.
There is a Subway across the street, also a Valero gas station. I do not recommend buying hot beverages at that Valero--their coffee was barely warm so I traded it for hot water & a tea bag (water not really hot enough either). Next door to the motel is “Cindy’s Kitchen”, a small restaurant where I had breakfast. Next to that is a Taco Bell. I seem to remember a small shopping center at the corner where I turned around when I missed the motel on arrival but I did not really focus on what was there.
There is no restaurant at the motel (only vending machines) so assigned the lowest rating for that reason. Since I only stayed one night, I could not accurately rate services & basically assigned average ratings for everything else. Would I stay here during a vacation? No. However, the motel met my needs for the night, the price was right & I had no complaints. I will, unfortunately, and sadly, be going back to UC Davis with my pet again next week as they found he has a tumor. It will be necessary to stay the night again & I will be calling Motel 6. Once the tumor is identified and he is able to begin 3 weeks of radiation, I will need to be spending more time than I would like at Motel 6 but I’m sure when I call they will say “we’ll leave the light on for you.”

Room Tip: A busy interstate (I-80) is directly behind the back of the motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Kate_46_12
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

the desk staff and employees are very, very nice and professional. they are also helpful with any problems you might have. the problem is that this is still a sad, icky motel. although i'm sure the linens on my bed were all clean, my flannel blanket had several holes in it that were clearly burned by cigarettes (certain rooms allow smoking). it's fine if all you need a bed for a night or two and are looking for the lowest cost option, but it's a motel and motels just have that certain . . . element. everything was tidy and the carpet looked relatively new but just really understand the type of establishment a motel 6 is. also, the wifi (which is $2.99 per day) was super annoying--it keeps asking you to re-enter the password every 5 minutes.

Room Tip: For a good wifi signal, apparently rooms 212, 226, and 228 are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mwinik
Tracy ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Thanks for your reviews I haven't laughed that hard in days.
I had to change rooms a couple of times.
The first room was like an inferno with a filthy carpet.
The second room you guessed it filthy carpet but at least it wasn't blazing hot.
And after I cover the blinking smoke detector I was able to get to sleep.
Don't I repeat don't drink the coffee unless you like tolit water it will ruin your day.
Oh ya and I am not sure you should be drinking that ice cube water lol
But besides that it was great.
Cheers

Room Tip: Away from the freeway and pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business