“mediocre Mexican”

Tres Hermanas
Ranked #49 of 199 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Davis, California
“mediocre Mexican”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I wish the restaurant was better; I know they opened this location recently. Could use an excellent authentic sit-down Mexican restaurant in Davis but this isn't it. I've traveled in Mexico for periods of time, and I know homemade Mexican, from street food to elegant restaurants. This is more like a re-warmed Mexican buffet. The salsa had overpowering garlic (not fresh garlic; the pre-chopped type you get out of a jar) and the salsa was even too salty. The chips were just right though. One combo dinner was a chile relleno, soft beef taco, rice and refried beans with side salad. The highlight is the soft beef taco; good flavor, hand shredded, not fatty, fresh tortillas and flavor. The negatives were the rice had a Rice-A-Roni flavor, frijoles tasted canned, chile relleno was thick and pre-cooked. I was so disallusioned I didn't taste my husband's pork tamale . . .I didn't finish anything except for the salad, the chips and the taco. My advice: stick to the soft beef taco and a salad for a decent dinner. I didn't try the margarita; I'd stick with beer. Overpriced for all of it. Service was friendly.

• Visited March 2013

Davis, CA
“Quality mexican food, good prices”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had intended to eat at Paesano's, but the wait was 40 minutes, so we walked over to Tres Hermanas. I had the chicken mole enchiladas...excellent. My daughter and her friend had bean and cheese burritos. Food was great, service was excellent. We will come back again!

• Visited February 2013
Modesto, California
“Great Margarita's”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a great server-Michelle. My veggie fajitas were excellent, but I couldn't believe they were served with "grocery store" corn tortillas that were cold. Great vibe. 'Would give it another try.

Visited November 2012
California
“Good service, so-so Mexican food...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tres Hermanos has a beautiful outdoor spot for dining. I think it's a great place to sit outdoors & enjoy a cold beer & drinks with friends. Their wait staff are prompt & courteous. The food is just so-so though & pricier than I would have guessed for regular Mexican food.

• Visited August 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
“Great Mexican food in Davis”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We went round and round trying to decide where to have dinner on the evening we arrived, and we finally decided on Tres Hermanas. To be honest, we were a little skeptical about how good the food would be because it arrived so fast; we thought maybe it had been sitting on a steam table. But the enchiladas, tostada, rice, beans -- and the margaritas -- were terrific. The incredibly quick and friendly service was the icing on the cake. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Tres Hermanas? Share your experiences!