Hyatt Place UC Davis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$109
HIExpress.com
$62
Motel 6
  • Pool
Best Western University Lodge(Davis)(Great Value!)
$123
$120
Best Western Plus Palm Court Hotel(Davis)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
$84
Hallmark Inn at UC Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
$99
$96
Orbitz.com
All reviewsparking feemondavi centerconference centervery nice hotelfree breakfastrooms are largesitting areatrain tracksfresh fruithotel staywalking distance to downtownone night stayking bedoatmealgreat place to staygreat roomdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Apparently they haven't been open very long, and it showed right from the beginning. There's no real check-in area, it's by the bar/lunch spot, and it wasn't easy!
Speaking of lunch, I hadn't had breakfast, so I was about to order an egg-cheese-bacon croissant from the menu, but as I didn't see a grill, I asked how they were going to cook the egg. The answer? Sheepishly... "Everything we have is frozen". It was hard to get upset at anything, because everyone was so nice, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Up until now I have rarely written a review for a chain hotel largely because the experience has been typically sanitized and impersonal.........my experience here proved an exception. The staff was incredibly accommodating and went out of their way to make my stay totally enjoyable. My room in the newly completed addition was outstanding in every way. The Hyatt Place UC Davis proved affordable, quiet, conveniently located on campus, and in close proximity to both The Mondavi Center and UC Davis' new winery. If my stay was any indication, the Hyatt Place is certainly an outstanding choice for anyone visiting Davis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2014

What a mess. The reservation process was painful and involved 4 calls. They still didn't have the room right when we arrived. Said how "lucky" we were that they could accomodate us. They promised us a free night with our points and then reneged AFTER our stay. The room was mediocre 3-star and not up to normal Hyatt standards. Instead of Hyatt Place they should call it Hyatt Lite. I am returning to Davis soon and have booked into the Best Western University Lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nearby railrood tracks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank PackMyBags65
Reviewed May 14, 2014

When we came back to the hotel to find the two elevators out-of-service, we were pointed to stairways to the fourth floor. It wasn't clear if one or both of the elevators were out and hotel employees didn't seem to know, either. The next day the elevators were still out of order; the story line at the front desk was that the needed part wouldn't come in until next week.
Unfortunately, we couldn't sooth ourselves with a good cup of coffee because the lobby coffee here is so watered down, we became tea drinkers.

Room Tip: top floor. otherwise, every step the guy in the room above you takes will rattle your bones.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

So my normal "Plan A" for finding a hotel is to look at the TripAdvisor reviews and pick one of the less expensive places with a decent report. We arrived in Davis late one evening having not made reservations but having spent the last half-hour of our car trip looking up hotels on the smart phone. We drove to the hotel we decided on only to find they had no vacancy.
So my normal "Plan B" is "Forget it. Lets just go someplace nice and hope it doesn't break the bank." Naturally, we went to Hyatt Place.
The facility is gorgeous. The rate was only a little bit more than I was about to pay at the other place. The morning breakfast was just spectacular including fresh fruit, oatmeal, lots of breakfast goodies, and two different kinds of made-to-order breakfast sandwiches that the breakfast-bar staff assemble and toast for you!
Also, we have a handicapped relative who asked us to check out handicapped possibilities at the Hyatt, and the staff was nice enough to show us one of those rooms. Very nice with a big door for wheeling through, lots of room for maneuvering a wheelchair, a wheel-in shower, and a second security hall-peep-hole below the regular one so that a person in a wheelchair can verify who is in the hallway without having to stand up, somehow.
There is a pool and hot tub, a small gym, and a small bar area. Besides the pool, I didn't see much stuff for little kids, although that made no difference for our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family