“Pleasant stay!”

Hyatt Place UC Davis
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here and it was a great stay. The room was very clean and quite spacious. The breaksfast included in our rate was surpisingly very good.
Staff was friendly and helpful. A short 10 min walk into town.
Great choice!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights, The room were great, clean and the double Queens are spacious. Excellent service from all the staff, we always received a smile and a hello when entering the hotel and that seemed odd because not all hotels give you the time of day, so I thought that was special and deserved a mention. Breakfast is complimentary and was very good , a lot of choices too. We needed to stay an extra night and Kerry was exceptional in accommodating us when the hotel was almost full. Thank-You all

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a double/double room with a sitting area and desk, that was really sized more like a small living room. Great sofa that could easily seat 6. Excellent flat screen tv that could be seen from both rooms. Granite counter tops, powerful water pressure for us girls, the staff couldn't have been nicer. There is no room service, but you can go downstairs and get anything off the menu 24/7 to eat downstairs or take back to your room. The free breakfast included something for everyone and there was plenty of it. They could use more vegetarian items on the menu, but since I was only there one night, it was enough. I had the mushroom/egg/cheese/spinach croissant and it was great. The food is really inexpensive - my croissant was $6.50 I think, and it came with potatoes and fruit. Pretty and comfortable lobby, and lots of seating area to eat your meal if you feel like not eating in your room. I'm assuming the employees are all Davis students and every single one was efficient and very friendly. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: I had read reviews that complained about the train noise, but I only heard the train once, and that...
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Conveniently located on UC Davis campus. Close to the freeway but no issues with street or interior noise. Beautiful UCD arboretum nearby for walks and about a mile walk into town for shops and restaurants. The room was very large, clean, and had well defined spaces for work and rest. Ours was a short stay but I was bothered by the lack of drawers in the hotel. (There are only three near the sink!) Closet was tiny and difficult to access. There were cubbies under the television which we used to store some of our wardrobe -- not my style at all! Also, the lighting in the bathroom might have been ecologically sound but it was not bright enough! Staff was capable and pleasant. Breakfast a notch above most in variety and taste. I will happily return when in the area but I am hoping they improve the storage situation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have spent a few non-consecutive weeks at the Hyatt Place in UC Davis. I give this hotel high marks. I was taking a class for work that was being held on the UC Davis Campus. This hotel is adjacent to the UC Davis Campus, so it was simple to walk to and from my class. The hotel provides wireless internet, so you don't have to worry about "plugging in."

Check in was so easy and fast, I asked to make sure we were actually done! The staff is very friendly and helpful; they even learn your name and ask you how you are doing. They will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with a nice big, flat-screen TV that swivels around to wherever you want it facing, whether it's the bed, the couch or the desk. This was perfect for keeping track of the NFL games while working at the little desk.

The breakfast buffet is wonderful. In addition to the usual fruit, yougurt, pastries, etc. the Hyatt Place provides two types of hot breakfast sandwiches which are very tasty. They are also very prompt when it comes to refilling the coffee!

The fitness center and pool are handy amenities. The pool, although outdoor, is heated and I spent some time in the pool in the cold weather. One recommendation would be to have a sauna next to the pool for those cold nights.

Room Tip: L-shaped rooms at the end of the hall are nicer than the straight rectangle rooms.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This past weekend, we stayed just one night at the brand new Hyatt Place in Davis. We were on our way back to LA after spending the weekend with our daughter who is a student at UC Davis.

Check-in went smooth, though their front desk area is a little bit confusing whereas it's connected to a coffee/drink/food bar. The woman who checked us in was very thorough, polite and knowledgeable. The lobby was nice with a lounge area on one side and tables for the breakfast bar (which we didn't get to sample whereas we had to get on the road before it opened) on the other. Our room was really nice... we wished we could have spent more time in it! Everything was brand new... it had a comfy couch on one side of the room and the bed on the other with a big, flat-screen TV which swiveled towards the couch or the bed, whichever you were sitting on... really cool! The bathroom was big and everything was clean. We will definitely stay here again when we go back in June at the end of the Spring quarter. It's about the same price as Comfort Inn, but 100% better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is well located and right next to campus. When I arrived I was greeted warmly and quickly. I had a package sent to the hotel that went astray (faulty address). I was going to try to locate it in the morning and asked the receptionist for directions and she cheerfully said she would try to track it down for me herself. I wasn't expecting too much, but lo and behold, she found it (after calling three places and driving to another part of the UC Campus to retrieve it). Thank you Kerry McConnell!!! Couldn't have asked for better service.